If you think Longhorn Steakhouse isn’t home to plethora of vegan options, well, you’d be right. Most vegans aren’t going out of their way to visit Longhorn, but many of us have found ourselves at a steakhouse with family or friends. This often leads to the most awkward interactions with servers and family.
Not anymore! We’ve already done all the work for you! Here is everything vegan at Longhorn Steakhouse:
Vegan Options at Longhorn Steakhouse
Vegetables and Sides
- Freshly Baked Bread
- Plain Idaho Baked Potato
- Plain Sweet Potato (without butter)
- Seasoned French Fries*
- Seasoned Rice
Note: We wanted to make a special note on two items. According to Longhorn’s Allergen Menu the Fresh Steamed Broccoli and the Fresh Steamed Asparagus contain dairy. We have not been able to get an answer yet as to why, but we’ll update here when we find out. Make sure to check with your server before ordering.
- Mixed Green Salad – Order with NO cheese
Note: According to the Allergen Menu, Longhorn offers NO vegan friendly dressings. The White Balsamic Vinaigrette contains dairy.
- Fresh Fruit – Red Seedless Grapes
- Fresh Fruit – Oranges
- Seasoned French Fries*
*Menu item presents a special risk of cross-contact of all allergens due to the cooking method
A couple notes to keep in mind from Longhorn’s Allergen Guide:
Because all of our dishes are prepared-to-order, our normal kitchen operations may involve shared cooking and preparation
areas. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that any menu item can be completely free of allergens. Items cooked on our grill or
in our fryer present a special risk for cross-contact and we’ve tried to clearly identify those for you. Please note, our kitchens
are not free of Gluten.
Please be sure to tell your server that you have an allergy or intolerance. This will allow us to alert the kitchen of your special
needs. Our restaurant team members will follow specific procedures to help prevent cross-contact.
VeggL Cheat Sheet Guides
Ryan’s Pick: Jen and I have not been to a Longhorn Steakhouse in a long, long time. The last one I can remember is way before I went vegan – maybe 10 or 12 years ago. I distinctly remember ordering my food and then watching Jen have to order a plain baked potato. Have not been back since. However, if we do we’ll update here.
Jen’s Pick: I guess if I end up at a Longhorn Steakhouse I will get a baked potato plain or with ketchup but honestly, these options are not going to make me want to go though.
- If you’d like to see everything on Longhorn’s menu, check out Longhorn’s Full Menu
- Information for this cheat sheet pulled from Longhorn’s Allergen Guide
- Not quite what you’re looking for? VeggL has over 115 Cheat Sheet Guides for popular chain restaurants including locations like Applebee’s and Yard House
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know