When looking for vegan options at Outback Steakhouse, we couldn’t determine which, if any, are vegan so we reached out to them and confirmed they do have a few.
They sent us a completely vegan and vegetarian menu with a good amount of detail. Jackpot!
So, while we’re pretty excited that the thought and effort has been put into making a guide for vegetarians and vegans, the actual options themselves are a bit bare. You have a few salads that can be modified or sides.
You absolutely can put together a meal though if you happen to be at an Outback Steakhouse; especially one that will probably be pretty healthy.
Outback Steakhouse Vegan Options
- Bread. Ask for it to be served with NO butter.
- House Side Salad. Order with NO cheese or croutons. Choose a vegan dressing below … comes with fresh mixed greens, cucumbers, tomatoes and red onions.
- Blue Cheese Pecan Side Salad. Order with NO blue cheese crumbles. SUB the dressing with one below … comes with chopped style mixed greens, shredded carrots, red cabbage, green onions, cinnamon pecans and Aussie Crunch.
- Strawberry Salad. Order with NO goat cheese crumbles. SUB the dressing with one below.
- Tangy Tomato
- Light Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Mustard Vinaigrette
- Oil & Vinegar
- Oil & Balsamic
- Baked Potato. Order plain.
- Sweet Potato. Order with NO butter.
- Green Beans. Order with NO butter.
- Broccoli. Order with NO butter.
- Fresh Mixed Veggies. Order plain.
* All fried items are fried in beef tallow at Outback Steakhouse. As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross-contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
Outback Steakhouse FAQ
Are Outback Steakhouse’s Fries Vegan?
No. Outback fries ALL of their fried items in beef tallow.
Is Outback Steakhouse’s Bloomin Onion Vegan?
No. Outback Steakhouse’s Bloomin Onion is fried in beef tallow.
Is Outback Steakhouse’s Bread Vegan?
Yes! The table bread you are served pre-meal is vegan. Ask for it to be served with NO butter.
Can I eat WFPB (Whole Food Plant Based) at Outback Steakhouse?
Yes! The obvious choices would be a Baked Potato, Sweet Potato, Green Beans and Broccoli; all ordered with NO butter. You could also get the House Side Salad with NO cheese or croutons; however, none of the dressings are oil-free.
You could ask for ketchup or mustard to top your potatoes with.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 175 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: It’s been quite a while since I’ve been to an Outback. Not gonna lie though, I used to love those Bloomin’ Onions. If we end up at an Outback I’ll update here.
Jen’s Pick: I haven’t been to an Outback in at least 10 years but am incredibly happy to know there is an option if we happened to be at one.
More Links and Info:
- Want to see Outback’s full menu? Head over to the Outback Steakhouse Website
- Information pulled directly from Outback’s Customer Relations Team
- Not seeing exactly what you wanted? We also have vegan guides for other locations like Yard House and Longhorn as well as over 175 other popular chain restaurants on our Vegan Guides at Restaurants Main Page
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!