Sbarro’s vegan options doesn’t include any vegan meats or cheeses, but the dough and sauce are vegan. This allows you to create your own cheese-less pizza with the veggie toppings of your choice.
They also have a variety of side items like spaghetti and salads that are vegan-friendly as well.
So the next time you stumble across a Sbarro in your local mall food court, you can go ahead and grab a slice of cheese-less pizza.
Vegan Options at Sbarro
Create Your Own Pizza
According to Sbarro, their dough and sauce are vegan and a special request can be made to make any pizza without cheese. So, to create your own, simply ask for a no-cheese pizza with any of the following toppings:
- Bell Peppers
- Black Olives
Starters and Sides
- Potato Wedges
- Hell’s Kitchen Potato Wedges
- Garlic and Romano Dusted Wedges
- Small Spaghetti and Sauce
- Roasted Potatoes
- Mixed Vegetables
- Veg Rice
- Tomato and Cucumber
- Fruit Salad
- Lite Italian
Per the Sbarro website on the question of whether they have any vegan food options:
Select items like our pasta, sauce, dough and garden salad are vegan. A special order can be requested for any whole pizza to be made without cheese.
* As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: It’s been a while since we’ve hit up a Sbarro. I’ll update here when we do.
Jen’s Pick: I haven’t been around a Sbarro since I learned we CAN eat there! Will let you know once I do.
More Info and Links
- Sbarro is a pizza chain founded in Brooklyn, New York in 1956. Sbarro now has 630 locations across 28 countries. Sbarro’s are generally found in mall food courts, airports and casinos.
- If you’d like to see everything on Sbarro’s menu, check out Sbarro’s Full Menu
- Information pulled directly from Sbarro’s Nutritional Guide
- Not quite what you’re looking for? VeggL has over 175 Cheat Sheets for popular chain restaurants including other pizza locations like Blaze Pizza and MOD Pizza
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!