The vegan options at Johnny Rockets vary based on location.
Some offer the Streamerliner Burger while others offer the Streamliner AND an Impossible Burger.
Sides like Fries, Tots and Sweet Potato Fries are also vegan, but cross-contamination is present which is no different than most chain restaurants that do not offer a 100% vegan kitchen or cooking space.
In addition to the Impossible Burger, some locations also offer 3 dairy-free milkshakes (Chocolate, Vanilla & Strawberry) featuring Craig’s hand scooped ice cream!
Vegan Options at Johnny Rockets
–> Menu items are NOT available at ALL locations. We suggest you confirm with your location what is available and verify they do not contain any animal products prior to ordering.
Verify the bun contains NO animal product prior to ordering. We are waiting on confirmation if they offer a vegan bun. If your location says they do not, ask for a lettuce wrap.
- Impossible Burger*. Order with NO mayo … comes with lettuce, tomato, onion, relish, pickles and mustard. Vegan cheese was originally on the burger but it appears some locations do not offer it.
- Streamliner* … comes with a soy boca burger, caramelized onions, lettuce, tomato, pickles and mustard on a whole wheat bun.
- Sweet Potato Fries*
- Garden Salad with Vegan Dressing below. Order with NO cheese.
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Fat Free Italian
- BBQ (NOT the Smokehouse BBQ Sauce)
- Rockin Red Sauce
- Craig’s Vegan Chocolate Shake
- Craig’s Vegan Vanilla Shake
- Craig’s Vegan Strawberry Shake
Dairy Free Whipped Cream is also available.
*Johnny Rockets Cross Contamination:
“Standard kitchen operations involve shared cooking and preparation areas where cross-contact with other foods and allergens may occur. Cross contaminants include, but are not limited to: poultry, beef, dairy, gluten, etc. Johnny Rockets is not a certified vegan restaurant.”
Johnny Rockets Vegan FAQ
Is Johnny Rockets black bean burger vegan?
Yes! The Gardein Black Bean Burger itself is vegan, however Johnny Rockets DOES NOT have a vegan bun. If you want a burger you’ll have to order it without a bun.
Are Johnny Rockets fries vegan?
The fries, tots and sweet potato fries are vegan but may share a fryer with animal products.
Is Johnny Rockets Streamliner vegan?
So, here’s the deal. Based on what we’ve learned, the Streamliner was a veggie Boca burger that was in fact vegan straight off the menu. Currently on Johnny Rockets website there is no mention of the Streamliner burger so we’re not sure whether the Gardein Black Bean Burger replaced the Streamliner or if it’s still being offered or not.
We’ve reached out to Johnny Rockets for clarification and we’ll update here once we get more information.
Does Johnny Rockets offer an Impossible Burger?
Yes! For the summer of 2021, Johnny Rockets is offering an Impossible Burger (with Vegan Daiya Cheddar cheese for an additional upcharge). Be aware though… they currently do not offer a vegan bun.
You must order this burger or the Gardein Black Bean burger bun-less or with a lettuce wrap. And do not forget to order with NO mayo!
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: I’ve not had Johnny Rockets since going vegan. I’ll update here once I do. Looking forward to giving the Black Bean Burger a try.
Jen’s Pick: Same as Ryan. I haven’t been but really appreciate that they have a vegan burger with zero substitutions needed!
More Links and Info
- Johnny Rockets is a sit down 50s themed diner chain. Johnny Rockets has over 300 locations located in over 30 states across the country as well locations in over a dozen different countries.
- If you’re interested in checking out their full menu, here is a link to the Official Johnny Rockets Menu page.
- Some of the information for this guide was pulled from Johnny Rockets Allergen Guide.
- Not quite what you were looking for? VeggL has Vegan Guides for over 175 popular chain restaurants including places like Denny’s and Yard House
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!