The vegan options at Johnny Rockets do include a Gardein Black Bean Burger and for the summer of 2021, an Impossible Burger with Vegan Daiya Cheese.
They ‘almost’ got it right. Unfortunately, all of their buns are not vegan. You can order either burger with a lettuce wrap or bun-less and with no mayo.
Sides like Fries, Tots and Sweet Potato Fries are also vegan, but cross-contamination is present – no different than many of the vegan options as is the case in many, if not most, restaurants.
In addition to the Impossible Burger, they are also offering 3 dairy-free milkshakes (Chocolate, Vanilla & Strawberry) featuring Craig’s hand scooped ice cream!
Vegan Options at Johnny Rockets
Here’s the catch when it comes to the vegan burger options at Johnny Rockets. They do not have a vegan bun.
So, you’ll either have to order any burger sans bun and then (and this is ridiculous for a chain that now has two different plant based burger options on it’s menu) use your own bun.
- Impossible Burger** – w/ Daiya vegan cheddar slices available for an additional upcharge. Order with a lettuce wrap or bun-less AND with NO mayo.
- Gardein Black Bean Burger – Served with fresh tomato & crisp leaf lettuce Order with a lettuce wrap or bun-less.
- Sweet Potato Fries^
- Garden Salad with Vegan Dressing below. Advise NO cheese
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Fat Free Italian
- BBQ (NOT the Smokehouse BBQ Sauce)
- Rockin Red Sauce
Dairy Free Whipped Cream also available
- Kids Side – Applesauce
- Kids Side – Celery
- Caramelized Onion
- Crinkle Cut Pickles
- Grilled Mushrooms
- Sliced Onion
- Spicy Jalapenos
**These menu additions are being offered at 80 Johnny Rockets locations nationwide, so we recommend calling ahead to see if the location nearest you is one of those 80. Also, this appears to be a limited time offer through this summer so don’t wait too long if you want to give it a try!
^Shares Fryer with Meat
Gluten Free Bun contains Egg
Johnny Rockets Vegan FAQ
Is Johnny Rockets black bean burger vegan?
Yes! The Gardein Black Bean Burger itself is vegan, however Johnny Rockets DOES NOT have a vegan bun. If you want a burger you’ll have to order it without a bun.
Are Johnny Rockets fries vegan?
The fries, tots and sweet potato fries are vegan but may share a fryer with meat products.
Is Johnny Rockets Streamliner vegan?
So, here’s the deal. Based on what we’ve learned, the Streamliner was a veggie Boca burger that was in fact vegan straight off the menu. Currently on Johnny Rockets website there is no mention of the Streamliner burger so we’re not sure whether the Gardein Black Bean Burger replaced the Streamliner or if it’s still being offered or not.
We’ve reached out to Johnny Rockets for clarification and we’ll update here once we get more information.
Does Johnny Rockets offer an Impossible Burger?
Yes! For the summer of 2021, Johnny Rockets is offering an Impossible Burger (with Vegan Daiya Cheddar cheese for an additional upcharge). Be aware though… they currently do not offer a vegan bun.
You must order this burger or the Gardein Black Bean burger bun-less or with a lettuce wrap. And do not forget to order with NO mayo!
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: I’ve not had Johnny Rockets since going vegan. I’ll update here once I do. Looking forward to giving the Black Bean Burger a try.
Jen’s Pick: Same as Ryan. I haven’t been but really appreciate that they have a vegan burger with zero substitutions needed!
More Links and Info
- Johnny Rockets is a sit down 50s themed diner chain. Johnny Rockets has over 300 locations located in over 30 states across the country as well locations in over a dozen different countries.
- If you’re interested in checking out their full menu, here is a link to the Official Johnny Rockets Menu page.
- Some of the information for this guide was pulled from Johnny Rockets Allergen Guide.
- Not quite what you were looking for? VeggL has Vegan Guides for over 175 popular chain restaurants including places like Denny’s and Yard House
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!