The vegan options at Johnny Rockets does include a Gardein Black Bean Burger. That’s a pretty good start for a sit down burger and fry chain. Sides like Fries, Tots and Sweet Potato Fries are also vegan, but cross-contamination is present – no different than many of the vegan options as is the case in many, if not most, restaurants.
Here is everything vegan at Johnny Rockets:
Vegan Options at Johnny Rockets
- Gardein Black Bean Burger – Served with fresh tomato & crisp leaf lettuce on a whole wheat bun.
- Sweet Potato Fries^
- Garden Salad with Vegan Dressing below. Advise NO cheese
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Fat Free Italian
- BBQ (NOT the Smokehouse BBQ Sauce)
- Rockin Red Sauce
- Kids Side – Applesauce
- Kids Side – Celery
- Caramelized Onion
- Crinkle Cut Pickles
- Grilled Mushrooms
- Sliced Onion
- Spicy Jalapenos
^Shares Fryer with Meat
Gluten Free Bun contains Egg
Johnny Rockets Vegan FAQ
Is Johnny Rockets black bean burger vegan?
Yes! The Gardein Black Bean Burger is vegan and, even better, can be ordered ‘as-is’ from the menu. The burger comes with lettuce and tomato on a whole wheat bun.
Are Johnny Rockets fries vegan?
The fries, tots and sweet potato fries are vegan but may share a fryer with meat products.
Is Johnny Rockets Streamliner vegan?
So, here’s the deal. Based on what we’ve learned, the Streamliner was a veggie Boca burger that was in fact vegan straight off the menu. Currently on Johnny Rockets website there is no mention of the Streamliner burger so we’re not sure whether the Gardein Black Bean Burger replaced the Streamliner or if it’s still being offered or not.
We’ve reached out to Johnny Rockets for clarification and we’ll update here once we get more information.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 130 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: I’ve not had Johnny Rockets since going vegan. I’ll update here once I do. Looking forward to giving the Black Bean Burger a try.
Jen’s Pick: Same as Ryan. I haven’t been but really appreciate that they have a vegan burger with zero substitutions needed!
- Johnny Rockets is a sit down 50s themed diner chain. Johnny Rockets has over 300 locations located in over 30 states across the country as well locations in over a dozen different countries.
- If you’re interested in checking out their full menu, here is a link to the Official Johnny Rockets Menu page.
- Information is pulled from Johnny Rockets Allergen Guide
- Not quite what you were looking for? VeggL has Cheat Sheets for over 125 popular chain restaurants including places like Denny’s and Yard House
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know