The vegan options at Denny’s now includes the Beyond Burger. As of the end of January 2020, Beyond Burger is now offered at over 1700 Denny’s locations. The burger comes with cheese and an All-American sauce by default – neither of which is vegan. Make sure to let your server to omit those and you’re good to go.
You can even add fries with your burger! A Burger isn’t the only vegan option at Denny’s either. Here’s everything vegan at Denny’s:
Vegan Options at Denny’s
Skillets (Add tortillas for cents)
Request that your skillet be cooked without butter or margarine.
- Fit Fare Veggie Sizzlin’ Skillet: Seasoned red-skinned potatoes, fire-roasted bell peppers & onions, mushrooms and broccoli. Topped with egg whites scrambled with fresh spinach and grape tomatoes. Served with a side of salsa. Ask for it without egg whites.
- Hearty Breakfast Skillet: Ask for it without sausage, eggs, or cheese.
- Santa Fe Sizzlin’ Skillet: Chorizo sausage, fire-roasted bell peppers & onions, mushrooms and seasoned red-skinned potatoes. Topped with Cheddar cheese and eggs*. Ask for it without crumbled chorizo sausage, eggs, or cheese.
- Supreme Skillet: Sausage, fresh spinach, fire-roasted bell peppers & onions, mushrooms, grape tomatoes and seasoned red-skinned potatoes. Topped with Cheddar cheese and eggs*. Ask for it without sausage, eggs, or cheese.
- French fries
- Fresh sautéed zucchini and squash
- Garden salad (with balsamic vinaigrette, French dressing, or Italian dressing)
- Seasonal fruit
- Seasoned fries
- Sweet petite corn
- Grits or oatmeal: Ask that they be made with water instead of milk.
- Hash browns: Add bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and avocado to make them extra delicious!
- Red-skinned potatoes
- Regular English muffin: Be sure to avoid the gluten-free one, which has dairy ingredients in it, and use jam or jelly instead of butter.
- Toast: Ask for potato, multigrain wheat, or seven-grain bread, and use jam or jelly instead of butter.
Build Your Own Burger (comes with lettuce, tomato, red onions, and pickles)
- Choose the brioche or whole-wheat bun and the veggie patty (it’s vegan!). To make it a double, order an extra patty for $1.50. Skip the cheese and choose from these toppings: grilled onions, sliced jalapeños, fresh avocado, sautéed mushrooms, barbecue sauce, bourbon sauce, ketchup, and mustard.
- Beyond Burger – Featuring the Beyond Burger™ patty, a 100% plant-based burger, with lettuce, tomato, red onions, pickles, American cheese and All-American sauce on a multigrain bun. Served with wavy-cut fries. Order with No cheese or sauce.
Denny’s Vegan FAQ
Are Denny’s tortillas vegan?
Yes! We recommend getting tortillas to go along with your skillet to make veggie skillet breakfast burritos.
Is Denny’s Bourbon Sauce vegan?
Yes! The Bourbon Sauce at Denny’s is vegan. The BBQ, Five Pepper and Mango Habanero Sauce are also vegan. Also note that the All-American sauce (egg), Buffalo (milk/dairy) are NOT vegan.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 140 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: Denny’s makes a really good Beyond Burger. Just make sure to order with no cheese and switch out the sauce. Personally, I like to add a combo of the Mango Habanero sauce and the Bourbon sauce. I’ve also always been a huge fan of the Seasoned Fries too.
Jen’s Pick: I haven’t had the opportunity to eat at a Denny’s since being vegan. I do like seeing they have plenty of vegan options!
- Want to see Denny’s full menu? Head over to the Denny’s Official Menu page.
- Not seeing exactly what you wanted? We also have cheat sheets for 125 other popular chain restaurants like Carl’s Jr and Panera Bread
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know