The vegan options at Denny’s got a little better in January of 2020 and will stay consistent with that but they are making a big change.
In 2020, Denny’s added a Beyond Burger that can be customized; however, we are now in 2023 and they are discontinuing that burger and adding a veggie patty. Details are below. Please pay attention to our notates on cross-contamination so you can decide if you are ok with ordering it.
If you prefer no cross-contamination, you would be safest with an English Muffin and seasonal fruit. Ask your server to confirm any questions you have.
Here’s everything vegan at Denny’s:
Vegan Options at Denny’s
To see our article on what is happening to Denny’s Beyond Burger, click here.
*Per Denny’s 2021 Allergen Guide, all items cooked on the grill are seasoned with vegetable oil from the fryers and bacon.
- Hash Browns*. Add bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, avocado, and/or salsa to make them extra delicious!
- Red-Skinned Potatoes* (NOT the red-skinned ‘mashed’ potatoes)
- Regular English muffin. Use jam or jelly instead of butter to top it. Do NOT order the gluten-free English muffin as it contains dairy.
Build Your Own Burger*
Order a Beyond Burger* (you can add an extra patty for $2) with NO cheese. Your burger automatically comes with lettuce, onion, pickles and tomato. You can choose to remove any of them and/or add caramelized onions, sliced jalapenos or sweet & tangy bbq sauce.
For an additional cost, add avocado.
Then choose 1 side: Wavy Cut French Fries, Seasoned Fries, Hash Browns, Red-Skinned Potatoes (NOT red-skinned mashed potatoes), Chips & Salsa or Seasonal Fruit. The seasoned fries and seasonal fruit cost extra.
–> Please note: As of March 2023, Denny’s is discontinuing their Beyond Burger and are switching to Dr. Praeger’s California Veggie Patty. It is still an animal-free option; however, it is going to taste very different. I go into that more in the article I wrote if you would like to see that.
- House Salad or Side Salad. Order with NO cheese or croutons. Choose Balsamic or Light Italian dressing … comes with iceberg lettuce, cucumbers, and grape tomatoes. Add avocado for an additional cost.
Verify NO butter is added to the veggie options.
- Sweet Petite Corn
- Wavy Cut French Fries*
- Seasoned Fries*
- Seasonal Fruit
- Chips & Salsa
- Whole Grain Rice
* All items cooked on the grill are seasoned with vegetable oil from the fryers and bacon.
As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
Denny’s Vegan FAQ
Is Denny’s Disctonining their Beyond Burger?
Yes. In March 2023 all locations will finish their Beyond allotment and will switch to Dr. Praeger’s California Veggie Patty. I wrote about it here.
Are Denny’s tortillas vegan?
Yes! We recommend getting tortillas to go along with your skillet to make veggie skillet breakfast burritos.
Is Denny’s Bourbon Sauce vegan?
No! According to Denny’s February 2021 Allergen Guide, their Bourbon Sauce contains beef. The information we were previously given did not include beef in the ingredients list.
Also note that the All-American sauce (egg) are Buffalo (milk/dairy) are NOT vegan either.
Does Denny’s Offer a Vegan Breakfast Sandwich?
February 2022 News: Have you heard that Denny’s is now offering a Vegan Breakfast Sandwich?
This is true but it is only a test and only at one location. Denny’s is trying to rebrand itself and has a fast-casual restaurant, called Flip’d by IHOP. The location in the Flatiron neighborhood of NYC is who is testing this.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: Denny’s makes a really good Beyond Burger. Just make sure to order with no cheese and switch out the sauce. Personally, I like to add a combo of the Mango Habanero sauce and the Bourbon sauce.
I’ve also always been a huge fan of the Seasoned Fries too.
Links and More Info:
- Want to see Denny’s full menu? Head over to the Denny’s Official Website.
- Not seeing exactly what you wanted? We also have Vegan Guides for 215 other popular chain restaurants like Carl’s Jr and Panera Bread
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!