The vegan options at Denny’s now includes the Beyond Burger. As of the end of January 2020, Beyond Burger is now offered at over 1700 Denny’s locations. The burger comes with cheese and an All-American sauce by default – neither of which is vegan. Make sure to let your server to omit those. You’re good to go as long as you are ok with the grill being seasoned with vegetable oil and bacon (we give you the info, you decide if it matters to you).
You can even add fries with your burger! A Burger isn’t the only vegan option at Denny’s either. Here’s everything vegan at Denny’s:
Vegan Options at Denny’s
Skillets* (Add tortillas for cents)
*Per Denny’s 2021 Allergen Guide, all items cooked on the grill are seasoned with vegetable oil from the fryers and bacon.
- Fit Fare Veggie Sizzlin’ Skillet*: Seasoned red-skinned potatoes, fire-roasted bell peppers & onions, mushrooms and broccoli. Topped with egg whites scrambled with fresh spinach and grape tomatoes. Served with a side of salsa. Ask for it without egg whites.
- Hearty Breakfast Skille*t: Ask for it without sausage, eggs, or cheese.
- Santa Fe Sizzlin’ Skillet*: Chorizo sausage, fire-roasted bell peppers & onions, mushrooms and seasoned red-skinned potatoes. Topped with Cheddar cheese and eggs*. Ask for it without crumbled chorizo sausage, eggs, or cheese.
- Supreme Skillet*: Sausage, fresh spinach, fire-roasted bell peppers & onions, mushrooms, grape tomatoes and seasoned red-skinned potatoes. Topped with Cheddar cheese and eggs*. Ask for it without sausage, eggs, or cheese.
- Wavy Cut fries
- Seasoned fries
- Fresh sautéed zucchini and squash
- Garden salad (with balsamic vinaigrette, French dressing, or Italian dressing)
- Seasonal fruit
- Sweet petite corn
- Chips & salsa
- Whole grain rice
- Grits or oatmeal: Ask that they be made with water instead of milk.
- Hash browns*: Add bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and avocado to make them extra delicious!
- Red-skinned potatoes (NOT the red-skinned ‘mashed’ potatoes)
- Regular English muffin: Be sure to avoid the gluten-free one, which has dairy ingredients in it, and use jam or jelly instead of butter.
- Toast: Ask for potato, multigrain wheat, or seven-grain bread, and use jam or jelly instead of butter.
Build Your Own Burger* (comes with lettuce, tomato, red onions, and pickles)
- Choose the brioche or split top bun and the veggie patty* (it’s vegan!). To make it a double, order an extra patty for $1.50. Skip the cheese and choose from these toppings: grilled onions, sliced jalapeños, fresh avocado, barbecue sauce, ketchup, and mustard.
- Beyond Burger* – Featuring the Beyond Burger™ patty, a 100% plant-based burger, with lettuce, tomato, red onions, pickles, American cheese and All-American sauce on a brioche bun. Served with wavy-cut fries. Order with NO cheese or sauce.
*All items cooked on the grill are seasoned with vegetable oil from the fryers and bacon.
Denny’s Vegan FAQ
Are Denny’s tortillas vegan?
Yes! We recommend getting tortillas to go along with your skillet to make veggie skillet breakfast burritos.
Is Denny’s Bourbon Sauce vegan?
No! According to Denny’s February 2021 Allergen Guide, their Bourbon Sauce contains beef. The information we were previously given did not include beef in the ingredients list. The BBQ, Five Pepper and Mango Habanero Sauce are vegan. Also note that the All-American sauce (egg) are Buffalo (milk/dairy) are NOT vegan either.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 140 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: Denny’s makes a really good Beyond Burger. Just make sure to order with no cheese and switch out the sauce. Personally, I like to add a combo of the Mango Habanero sauce and the Bourbon sauce. I’ve also always been a huge fan of the Seasoned Fries too.
Jen’s Pick: I haven’t had the opportunity to eat at a Denny’s since being vegan. I love seeing them have a Beyond Burger on the menu. It actually came in handy on a road trip for Ryan in December 2020. After seeing bacon is used on the grill for seasoning, I’m just not sure if I will be ordering from here unless it’s some grits or oatmeal with fruit.
- Want to see Denny’s full menu? Head over to the Denny’s Official Menu page.
- Not seeing exactly what you wanted? We also have cheat sheets for 125 other popular chain restaurants like Carl’s Jr and Panera Bread
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know