The vegan options at In N Out Burger is pretty limited. It makes sense, really, considering that overall they have perhaps the most limited menu of any chain in the country. In N Out is a burger chain with over 300 locations primarily in California and the southwest.
They do burgers, fries and shakes. Considering that they don’t offer a vegan burger or a dairy free shake, guess what they leaves you with? Here’s everything vegan at In N Out Burger:
Vegan Options at In N Out Burger
- You can technically make your own “veggie burger” by going with just a burger bun, lettuce, tomato and onion.
- French Fries – Prepared fresh in 100% sunflower oil from fresh potatoes.
You can take this burgerless burger or even the French Fries up a notch by adding, Pickles and/or Grilled Onions*. We received feedback that In N Out’s pickles are delicious, as well as, a fry with grilled onions. Thanks, Danielle!
*Please note: The grilled onions do share a grill with meat items if this is a concern for you. Since In N Out is not a 100% vegan restaurant, the potential for cross-contamination will always be present.
In N Out Burger Vegan FAQ
Are in and out fries vegan?
Yes! While you can never rule out cross-contamination, the fact that In N Out doesn’t fry anything in their oil other than fries is an encouraging thought.
Is In N Out’s spread vegan?
No. It contains egg. If you are ordering the “Veggie Burger” with no hamburger, also order it with NO spread and replace with ketchup and/or mustard.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 140 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: I’ve only been to an In N Out Burger once in my life and that was before I was vegan. I do remember the fries being pretty dang good though.
Jen’s Pick: Never been but I hear those fries are, “pretty dang good.” haha!
- If you’d like to see In N Out Burger’s full menu, head over to their Official Menu Page
- Information pulled from In N Out’s Allergen Info
- Not quite what you were looking for? VeggL has over 125 Cheat Sheet Guides for popular chain restaurants including other burger locations like Burger King and Carl’s Jr
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know