The vegan options at In N Out Burger is pretty limited.
It makes sense, really, considering that overall they have perhaps the most limited menu of any chain in the country.
They do burgers, fries and shakes. Considering that they don’t offer a vegan burger or a dairy free shake, guess what they leaves you with? Here’s everything vegan at In N Out Burger:
Vegan Options at In N Out Burger
- You can technically make your own “veggie burger” by going with just a burger bun, lettuce, tomato and onion.
- French Fries – Prepared fresh in 100% sunflower oil from fresh potatoes.
You can take this burgerless burger or even the French Fries up a notch by adding, Pickles and/or Grilled Onions*. We received feedback that In N Out’s pickles are delicious, as well as, a fry with grilled onions. Thanks, Danielle!
*Please note: The grilled onions do share a grill with meat items if this is a concern for you. Since In N Out is not a 100% vegan restaurant, the potential for cross-contamination will always be present.
* As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
In N Out Burger Vegan FAQ
Are in and out fries vegan?
Yes! While you can never rule out cross-contamination, the fact that In N Out doesn’t fry anything in their oil other than fries is an encouraging thought.
Is In N Out’s spread vegan?
No. It contains egg. If you are ordering the “Veggie Burger” with no hamburger, also order it with NO spread and replace with ketchup and/or mustard.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: I’ve only been to an In N Out Burger once in my life and that was before I was vegan. I do remember the fries being pretty dang good though.
Jen’s Pick: Never been but I hear those fries are, “pretty dang good.” haha!
More Links and Info
- In N Out is a burger chain with over 300 locations primarily in California and the southwest.
- If you’d like to see In N Out Burger’s full menu, head over to their Official Menu Page
- Information pulled from In N Out’s Allergen Info
- Want even more restaurants? VeggL has over 175 Vegan Guides for popular chain restaurants including other locations like Burger King and McDonalds.
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!