D’Angelo’s Grilled Sandwiches has 85 locations spanning 5 states in the northeast. They offer sub sandwiches, wraps, rice and grain bowls, soup and salad.
While D’Angelo’s does not say they offer any vegan options, you can modify a few menu items.
We suggest the Classic Veggie or Greek Wrap with a couple of modifications.
Vegan Options at D’Angelo Grilled Sandwiches
- Plain Wrap
- Pokket Bread
We have not confirmed if the dough conditioner in the White “Classic Italian Sub Roll” is plant-derived yet; otherwise, there are no animal ingredients.
- Classic Veggie. Order on your choice of bread and with NO cheese … comes with grilled peppers, grilled onion and mushroom and any extra veggies and a sauce from the lists below.
The Greek Wrap is the one that makes the most sense to modify.
- The Greek Wrap. Order with the plain wrap, NO feta and SUB the dressing for from the list below. Add any additional veggies or sub as you would like … comes with lettuce, tomato, black olives, red onion, cucumber, banana peppers and green pepper.
Rice & Grain Bowls
- Southwestern Rice & Grain Bowl. Order with NO chicken. Ask to SUB the chicken with additional Black Bean & Pepper Salad. And SUB the dressing with Teriyaki (that is our suggestion) … comes with peppers, onions, charred corn, black bean & pepper salad; served over rice & grains blend. Add any additional veggies or sub as you would like.
- Bell Peppers
- Hot Peppers
- Pepper Mix
- Pineapple Tidbits
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- BBQ Sauce
- Buffalo Sauce
- Cranberry Sauce
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Yellow Mustard
Soup selection varies by location.
- Hearty Vegetable Soup
Croutons are vegan!
- Garden Salad … comes with romaine lettuce, onions, tomato, peppers and cucumber. Choose one of the sauces or dressings above.
- Black Bean & Corn Salad
- Chips, varied. Check ingredients.
*As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross-contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
D’Angelo Grilled Sandwiches FAQ
Is D’Angelo Grilled Sandwiches Wheat Wrap Vegan?
No. According to their nutrition information, the wheat wrap contains honey.
Is D’Angelo Grilled Sandwiches Black Bean & Corn Salad Vegan?
Yes. According to their nutritional guide, the black bean & corn salad would be considered “accidentally vegan.” It contains:
Flame roasted sweet corn, cooked black beans ( black beans, water ), tomato, onion . green bell pepper, red bell pepper, contains: less than 2% of : brown sugar . Citric acid . Dehydrated vegetables ( dehydrated onion, dehydrated bell pepper, dehydrated garlic ), lime juice powder ( lime juice concentrate . Modified food starch, maltodextrin, citric acid ), natural flavor (including grill flavor and smoke flavor ). Olive oil, salt, spices, sugar, yeast extract.
Is D’Angelo Grilled Sandwiches Chipotle Sauce Vegan?
No. Their chipotle sauce contains egg and dairy.
Is D’Angelo Grilled Sandwiches Greek Dressing Vegan?
No. D’Angelo’s greek dressing contains dairy.
Is D’Angelo Grilled Sandwiches Korean BBQ Sauce Vegan?
No. The Korean BBQ Sauce contains dairy but may also contain chicken meat & juices.
Is D’Angelo’s Rice & Grains Blend Vegan?
Yes! D’Angelo’s Rice & Grains blend contains the following ingredients:
Colusari red rice, red jasmine rice, black quinoa, green lentils and long-grain parboiled white rice
Is D’Angelo Grilled Sandwiches Spicy Red Chili Sauce Vegan?
No. D’Angelo’s Spicy Red Chili Sauce contains dairy but may also contain chicken meat & juices.
Is D’Angelo’s Stuffing Vegan?
No. According to their nutritional information, the Stuffing contains a chicken flavoring that has actual chicken in it.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Info and Links
- If you’d like to see all the options on D’Angelo Grilled Sandwiches menu, check out D’Angelo Grilled Sandwiches Full Menu.
- Information for this guide was pulled directly from their Nutritional Information. Says it was last updated 6.21.
- Not quite what you’re looking for? VeggL has over 215 Cheat Sheet Guides for popular chain restaurants including other sub locations like Firehouse Subs and Subway
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up-to-date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!