The vegan options at Firehouse Subs consists of a create your own sub and a salad. Both the wheat and white bread are vegan and then you can go to town with veggies.
There’s not anything over-the-top special at Firehouse that you wouldn’t find at another sub spot, but if necessary you can put together a pretty decent sandwich.
When it comes to dressings & condiments check out the cheat sheet for the full list of vegan options at Firehouse Subs.
Vegan Options at Firehouse Subs
VeggL Quick Order
- Veggie Sub (Sauteed bell peppers, sauteed and raw onion, lettuce, tomato, mayo, mustard, Italian dressing, provolone, cheddar and Monterey Jack). Advise NO mayo or cheese. Order Hot or Cold.
- Plain Firehouse Salad (Romaine, tomato, bell pepper, cucumber, pepperoncini, cheese, with light Italian Dressing. Advise NO cheese. Substitute Vegan Dressing from list below for the Light Italian (contains dairy)
- Side Salad with Vegan Dressing from list below. Advise NO cheese
- Chips, assorted. Read the ingredients label to verify vegan
- Dill Pickle Spears
OR Create Your Own Sub or Salad
- White Sub Roll
- Gluten Free Sub Roll
- Banana Peppers
- Bell Peppers
- Black Olives
- Cherry Pepper Rings
- Chopped Pickle Spear
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Jalapeno Peppers
- Mushrooms (conflicting information whether mushrooms are vegan. Ingredients list states made with vegetarian Worcestershire)
- Romaine Lettuce
Vegan Dressings / Sauces
- Oil & Vinegar
- Marinara Sauce
- Spicy Mustard
- Sriracha Sauce
- Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce
Firehouse Subs Vegan FAQ
Are the sautéed veggies cooked with anchovies?
So this is something that may have been an issue in the past with Firehouse Subs. However, when we researched the issue it is not something that is done at this time.
Is the sub bread vegan?
Yes and No. The White Sub Roll and the Gluten Free Sub Roll is vegan. The wheat sub roll contains dry honey.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: I’ve only had Firehouse once since going vegan. I went with the Veggie Sub as described in the Quick Order. While really boring, it’s not terrible. Firehouse does have pretty good bread so that helps when you’re eating a sandwich full of veggies.
Jen’s Pick: While I haven’t been to Firehouse Subs since being vegan, I could absolutely make this work. I would get a white sub roll with avocado, banana peppers, green bell peppers, cucumber, romaine lettuce and tomato with either balsamic or bbq sauce for a topping. And chips.
More Links and Info:
- To check out Firehouse Subs full nutritional menu and allergen information, see Firehouse Subs Nutrition Info
- Not quite what you’re looking for? VeggL has over 175 Vegan Guides on popular chain restaurants including locations like Jason’s Deli and Subway
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!