The vegan options at Checkers are, well, there really isn’t any.
In fact, about the only thing that’s really vegan, other than selecting random sauces or a hamburger bun, is the Fanta Slushies.
Not even the fries, usually a vegan oasis at not-so-vegan-friendly fast food spots are not vegan. They are coated in milk and fried in animal fat. (More on the fries in the FAQ below)
Checkers Vegan Options
Sauces and Dressings
- Angry Buffalo*
- Sweet & Smoky BBQ Sauce*
- Medium Buffalo Sauce*
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning*
- BBQ Dipper
- Frank’s Buffalo Hot Sauce Dipper
These are all designated for the wings, but perhaps you could still order a side of the sauce if you’re trying to get creative.
Smoothies and Slushies
- Fanta Slushie – Fruit Punch
- Fanta Slushie – Watermelon
- Fanta Slushie – Blue Raspberry
FYI: The Big Surf Slushie contains milk
- Grilled Onions – random I know, but technically vegan, although assume they are being grilled on a shared surface with burgers
- Hamburger Bun
Checkers Vegan FAQ
Are Checkers Fries Vegan?
No, Checkers fries are not vegan. Not even close really.
Checkers coats their fries in a milk powder before frying. As if this wasn’t enough, Checkers cooks their fries in animal lard.
I believe that’s what is referred to as the old one two punch.
Is the Apple Pie at Checkers Vegan?
No. The Apple Pie is either made with, or at least cooked in animal fat.
We couldn’t get a really solid answer from Checkers (a lot of ‘technical difficulties’ when trying to call the Guest Relations number), but if you look at the nutrition info on the Apple Pie you’ll notice cholesterol. Cholesterol only comes from animal sources.
Does Checkers Have a Vegan Burger?
No. Checkers does not have their own veggie burger, Impossible Burger, Beyond Burger or anything of the like.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports, sports venues and theme parks. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Links and Info
- Looking for Checkers’ full menu? Head on over to their Official Website.
- Information for this page was acquired directly through Checkers’ reps and their Nutritional Information.
- Not quite what you were looking for? VeggL has hundreds of vegan guides, including guides for other fast food locations like Burger King and Jack in the Box.
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!