The vegan options at Captain D’s are probably about what you’re expecting from a deep-fried fish and chicken chain. They do have a few sides you can choose from though and piece together a plate of food.
A Baked Potato with Broccoli and Corn on the Cob can make a decent meal.
Captain D’s Vegan Options
We suggest reading the disclaimers below before ordering.
- Baked Potato. Order with NO butter or sour cream
- Corn on the cob. Order with NO butter.
- French Fries*
*French Fries are cooked in the same fryer as the chicken (but not the seafood for what it’s worth)
FYI: Seasoned Rice contains milk
Captain D’s Disclaimers: We picked out a few disclaimers within their allergen page information that we wanted to share here. One is a general cross-contamination statement and the other is an acknowledgment that franchise stores may deviate from company-owned stores. For this reason, I would absolutely recommend checking with your location with any questions/concerns you may have.
Please know that we practice caution and proper procedures when preparing allergen-free items, however, all allergens may be present in all of our kitchens. Be aware that there may still be a chance for cross-contact on shared surfaces, including fryers. Guests are advised to consider this information as it relates to their individual dietary needs. Please inform your server before ordering if you or someone in your party has a food allergy, sensitivity or other dietary concern.
The above information applies to our company-owned Captain D’s restaurants. Some of our franchised Captain D’s restaurants may use different ingredients in the preparation of some of their menu items.
*As with any restaurant that does not offer a 100% vegan kitchen, you choose your level of comfort when eating here.
Captain D’s Vegan FAQ
Are Captain D’s Hush Puppies Vegan?
No. Captain D’s Hush Puppies contains both egg and milk.
Are Captain D’s Fries Vegan?
The Fries themselves are vegan, but they do share a fryer with the fried chicken. It’s up to you to decide if you’re comfortable with that level of cross-contamination.
Are Captain D’s Green Beans Vegan?
No. They are slow-cooked with animal products.
Are Captain D’s Funnel Cakes Vegan?
No. Captain’s D’s Funnel Cakes contain both egg and dairy.
Are Captain D’s Breadsticks Vegan?
We’re not sure and here’s why… yes, we have reached out to them and will update this when we receive an answer. According to their 2022 allergens guide, the breadsticks do not contain egg or dairy; however, they do contain 2g of cholesterol. Where is this cholesterol coming from? That’s what we need to find out. And also, if the dough has any animal based dough conditioners.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports, sports venues and theme parks. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Links and Info
- If you’d like to see Captain D’s entire menu, head over to the Official Menu Page.
- Information for this guide was pulled from Captain D’s Nutrition and Allergen Chart
- Not quite what you were looking for? VeggL has hundreds of vegan guides including popular chain restaurants like Long John Silver’s and California Fish Grill.
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up-to-date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!