You might not expect for the vegan options to be great at a place known for deep frying fish and chicken and, well, you’d be right. There are a couple vegetable choices that are vegan and that’s about it.
And if you were really hoping for the hush puppies to be vegan, unfortunately, they contain milk and egg.
In 2021, we had the opportunity to try out Good Catch’s Crab Less Crab Cakes and Fish Fillet at one of Long John Silver’s test sites and did a full review. (spoiler alert: loved them!)
Vegan Options at Long John Silver’s
- Fresh Cut Fries
- Cut Corn
- Fire Roasted Southwest Corn Blend
- Green Beans
- BBQ Sauce
- Malt Vinegar
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- Sweet & Zesty Asian Sauce
Generally, the fries (vegan) and hush puppies (contain egg and milk) are fried in one oil while the “meat” products are in a different oil. Double check with your location if this is a concern for you.
Long John Silver’s Vegan FAQ
Are Long John Silver’s Hush Puppies Vegan?
Long John’s hush puppies contain both milk and egg in the form of whey and dried whole eggs and are therefore, not vegan.
Is Long John Silver’s Rice Vegan?
No. Their rice contains butter and chicken fat.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: We stopped at Long John Silvers today, July 21, 2021, to try the test of Good Catch Foods’ Crab-less Cakes and Fish-less Fillets with the cut corn and green beans as sides.
The crab cakes and fish fillets were incredible. The corn was much better than expected and the green beans were just ok–nothing special.
Jen’s Pick: I have only had the cut corn here and thought it was better than expected as well.
More Info and Links
- If you’d like to see all the options on Long John Silver’s menu, check out Long John Silver’s Full Menu
- Information pulled directly from Long John Silver’s Master Ingredient List
- Not quite what you’re looking for? VeggL has over 175 Vegan Guides for popular chain restaurants including locations like Taco Bell and Burger King
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!