The vegan options at Sweetgreen are abundant. Sweetgreen specializes in fresh, healthy fast food.
The Shroomami is the only (current) menu item that can be ordered vegan ‘as-is’ directly off the menu, but many of the bowls and salads can be made vegan with a few slight modifications.
We’ve listed a few examples of menu items that can be made vegan with an easy substitution as well as the full list of vegan ingredients at Sweetgreen so you can make informed substitutions of your own.
Sweetgreen Vegan Options
- Curry Cauliflower – Order with NO chicken. SUB with Roasted Sesame Tofu or Warm Portobello Mix. (optional)
Signature Salads & Warm Bowls
- Shroomami – Vegan As Is! Roasted sesame tofu, warm portobello mix, raw beets, cucumbers, basil, spicy sunflower seeds, warm wild rice, shredded kale, miso sesame ginger dressing.
- Crispy Rice Bowl – Order with NO chicken. SUB with Roasted Sesame Tofu or Warm Portobello Mix. (optional)
- Chicken & Brussels – Order with NO chicken. SUB with Roasted Sesame Tofu or Warm Portobello Mix. (optional)
- Guacamole Greens – Order with NO chicken. SUB with Roasted Sesame Tofu or Warm Portobello Mix. (optional)
Dressings, Sauces & Seasonings
- Umami Seasoning
- Pesto Vinaigrette
- Sweetgreen Hot Sauce
- Lime Cilantro Jalapeno Vinaigrette
- Miso Sesame Ginger Dressing
- Spicy Cashew Dressing
- Spicy Cashew Pesto
- Ceviche Dressing (Miami location only)
FYI: The Balsamic Vinaigrette contains honey
Full Vegan Ingredients
Here is the full list of individual vegan ingredients at Sweetgreen. Use this list if you like to mix and match menu items. Check with your server to see how you can add or subtract menu items to get a customized order that you’ll love.
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Curry Roasted Cauliflower
- Roasted Corn & Peppers
- Cranberry Maple Vinaigrette
- Peppercorn Tahina Dressing
Toppings, Proteins and Bases
- Crispy Rice
- Fresh Herbs (Texas locations only)
- Pickled Carrots and Celery
- Spicy Sunflower Seeds
- Spicy Broccoli
- Warm Portobello Mix
- Hot Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Za’atar Breadcrumbs
- Roasted Sesame Tofu
- Blackening Spice
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Tortilla Chips
Sweetgreen Vegan FAQ
Is Sweetgreen All Vegan?
No. While Sweetgreen is very focused on serving healthy, local ingredients they are not 100% vegan (or vegetarian for that matter.)
They do have plenty of vegan options and many of the bowls and salads can be made vegan with only a few slight modifications.
Does Sweetgreen Have Vegan Salad Dressings?
Yes. Sweetgreen has multiple vegan salad dressings to choose from. Their Pesto Vinaigrette, Lime Cilantro Jalapeno Vinaigrette, Miso Sesame Ginger Dressing, Spicy Cashew Dressing and Spicy Cashew Pesto are all vegan.
If you’re in Miami, the Ceviche Dressing that is on the menu there is also vegan.
Does Sweetgreen Have Tofu?
Yes, Sweetgreen absolutely carries tofu. They have a Roasted Sesame Tofu that comes on their Shroomami Bowl. You can also add tofu to other bowls and/or salads or sub out tofu for other proteins.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 250 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Links and Info
- If you’d like to see Sweetgreen’s complete menu, then head over to their Official Website.
- Information for this guide was pulled directly from Sweetgreen’s Nutrition Binder.
- Don’t have a Sweetgreen near you? VeggL has hundreds of vegan guides for popular chain restaurants, including other chains like Salata and Chipotle.
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!