The vegan options at Sweetgreen are abundant. Sweetgreen specializes in fresh, healthy fast food.
The Shroomami is the only (current) menu item that can be ordered vegan ‘as-is’ directly off the menu, but many of the bowls and salads can be made vegan with a few slight modifications.
We’ve listed a few examples of menu items that can be made vegan with an easy substitution as well as the full list of vegan ingredients to create your own bowl or salad.
Sweetgreen Vegan Options
Sweetgreen is testing a new vegan meat, called Meati. You can order their Miso Meati Bowl at the Culver City, California Food Lab beginning November 10, 2022.
- Curry Cauliflower – Order with NO chicken. SUB with Roasted Sesame Tofu or Warm Portobello Mix. (optional)
- Shroomami. Vegan As Is! … comes with roasted sesame tofu, warm portobello mix, raw beets, cucumbers, basil, spicy sunflower seeds, warm wild rice, shredded kale, miso sesame ginger dressing.
- Harvest Bowl. Order with NO chicken, goat cheese or balsamic vinaigrette. SUB with Tofu or Warm Portobello Mix and a vegan dressing below … comes with shredded kale, warm wild rice and roasted sweet potato.
- Crispy Rice Bowl. Order with NO chicken. SUB with Roasted Sesame Tofu or Warm Portobello Mix. (optional) … comes with arugula, warm wild rice, cilantro, cucumber, shredded cabbage, toasted almonds, crispy rice, carrots, fresh lime squeeze and spicy cashew dressing.
- Chicken Tostada. Order with NO chicken or goat cheese. SUB with tofu (optional) … comes with warm quinoa, baby spinach, cilantro, tomato, tortilla chips, carrots, lime cilantro jalapeno vinaigrette and sweetgreen hot sauce.
- Guacamole Greens. Order with NO chicken. SUB with tofu … comes with chopped romaine, sping mix, red onion, shredded cabbage, tomato, tortilla chips, avocado, fresh lime squeeze and lime cilantro jalapeno vinaigrette.
- Super Green Goddess. Order with NO green goddess ranch dressing. SUB with a vegan option below … comes with shredded kale, baby spinach, raw beet, roasted sweet potato, shredded cabbage, spicy broccoli, toasted almonds, lentils, chickpeas and raw carrots.
Dressing, Sauce & Seasoning
- Cranberry Maple Vinaigrette
- Peppercorn Tahina Dressing
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pesto Vinaigrette
- Sweetgreen Hot Sauce
- Lime Cilantro Jalapeno Vinaigrette
- Miso Sesame Ginger Dressing
- Spicy Cashew Dressing
- Red Chili Flakes
FYI: The Balsamic Vinaigrette contains honey
Create Your Own
Here is the full list of individual vegan ingredients at Sweetgreen. Use this list if you like to mix and match menu items. Check with your server to see how you can add or subtract menu items to get a customized order that you’ll love.
Pick your Base(s)
- Chopped Romaine
- Baby Spinach
- Spring Mix
- Shredded Kale
- Warm Wild Rice
- Warm Quinoa
- Raw Carrots
- Raw Beet
- Red Onion
- Roasted Sweet Potato
- Shredded Cabbage
- Spicy Broccoli
- Raw Pecans
- Sunflower Seeds
- Crispy Rice
- Toasted Almonds
- Tortilla Chips
- Za’atar Breadcrumbs
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Curry Roasted Cauliflower
- Pickled Carrots + Celery
- Roasted Tofu
- Warm Portobello Mix
*As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross-contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
Sweetgreen Vegan FAQ
Is Sweetgreen All Vegan?
No. While Sweetgreen is very focused on serving healthy, local ingredients they are not 100% vegan (or vegetarian for that matter.)
They do have plenty of vegan options and many of the bowls and salads can be made vegan with only a few slight modifications.
Does Sweetgreen Have Vegan Salad Dressings?
Yes. Sweetgreen has multiple vegan salad dressings to choose from. Their Pesto Vinaigrette, Lime Cilantro Jalapeno Vinaigrette, Miso Sesame Ginger Dressing and Spicy Cashew Dressing are all vegan.
Does Sweetgreen Have Tofu?
Yes, Sweetgreen absolutely carries tofu. They have a Roasted Sesame Tofu that comes on their Shroomami Bowl. You can also add tofu to other bowls and/or salads or sub out tofu for other proteins.
Is Sweetgreen’s Crispy Rice Treat Vegan?
No. According to their menu, it has dairy and honey.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports, sports venues and theme parks. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Links and Info
- If you’d like to see Sweetgreen’s complete menu, then head over to their Official Website.
- Information for this guide was pulled directly from Sweetgreen’s Nutrition Binder.
- Don’t have a Sweetgreen near you? VeggL has hundreds of vegan guides for popular chain restaurants, including other chains like Salata and Chipotle.
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!