The vegan options at Sarku Japan are pretty solid and even include a Vegetable Sushi Roll but please be aware, your options are going to vary based on which type of location you are at.
Sarku Japan is arguably one of the most popular quick service restaurants in the United States. They have locations across the country and are very popular in mall food courts.
Sarku Japan Vegan Options
Options vary based on location: Mall, Mall Sushi Bar or Store Front. We have broke down each location type with it’s menu items below.
- Vegetable D’Lite*
We have not confirmed if the Vegetable Soba meal is vegan… check with your location.
Mall Sushi Bar
- Vegetarian Zen* – 4 pcs tofu skin sushi and 10 pcs vegetable roll
- Vegetable Sushi Roll* – avocado, cucumber, carrot and seaweed salad
- Vegetable Spring Roll*
These are the vegan menu items that are on the allergens guide but are not on any of the location menus. We have not confirmed if the Vegetable Soba at the mall location is vegan yet. Please check with your location.
- Steamed Rice
- Seaweed Salad
- Garden Salad
As we mention in our guides, cross-contamination is a possible, if not probable, issue at almost any restaurant that is not 100% vegan.
In particular at Sarku Japan, they have stated that other than their steamed rice, all of their other menu items share and are cooked on the same griddle.
Here is their official statement on their Allergen Guide:
Sarku Japan prepares our entrée fresh with shared cooking equipment and therefore allergens could be present in any entrée
We simply try to provide as much info as possible and leave it up to you to decide what you are and are not comfortable with.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports, sports venues and now theme parks. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Links and Info
- If you’d like to see Sarku Japan’s entire menu, please head over to their Official Website
- Information for this guide was pulled Sarku’s Nutritional and Allergen Info
- Not quite what you were looking for? VeggL has vegan guides for hundreds of locations, including other popular chain restaurants like Chick Fil-A and Panda Express
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!