You may not think that a place like Red Robin, known for their gourmet burgers, would have many vegan options to choose from. But, you’d be wrong.
Red Robin now has not one, but two, vegan-friendly burger patties on their menu–a quinoa-based Veggie Patty and the Impossible burger.
They also embrace customizing any of their burgers however you like. With a variety of buns, sauces and toppings, you have the ability to get pretty creative with your vegan burger order.
Sure, outside of the burgers and steak fries*, their isn’t a lot of other vegan options to choose from. However, if you are going to Red Robin, isn’t a (vegan) burger why you’re going in the first place?
Vegan Options at Red Robin
- The Impossible Gourmet Cheeseburger. Order with NO cheese or mayo … comes with an impossible patty, red pickle relish, onions, pickles, lettuce and tomatoes on a classic sesame bun.
- The Veggie Burger. Order with NO cheese or aoli … comes with an ancient grain and quinoa veggie patty with house-made salsa, fresh avocado slices and lettuce on a classic sesame bun.
- Vegan Burger. A lettuce wrapped version of The Veggie Burger … comes with an ancient grain and quinoa veggie patty with house-made salsa, fresh avocado slices, and lettuce on a lettuce bun. Served with steamed broccoli.
Vegan Burger Customizations
You can rearrange and customize basically any burger on the menu. Here is a list of all the ingredients that are vegan-friendly if you decide you want to ‘create-your-own’
Red Robin Vegan Burger Patty
- Impossible Burger Patty
- Veggie Burger Patty … an ancient grain and quinoa veggie patty
- Classic Sesame Bun
- Tavern Bun
- Wedgie Style (a lettuce bun)
Vegan Burger Toppings
- Grilled Pineapple Rings
- House Made Salsa
- Reds Relish
- Red Onion
- Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- Tomato Slices
- Red Robin Cayenne Seasoning
- Red Robin Seasoning
- House Made Salsa
- Island Heat Sauce
- Scorpion Sauce
- Southwest Chicken Salad. Order with NO jalapeno coins, ancho marinade, cheese or dressing. SWAP the chicken breast for an Impossible or Veggie Burger and ask to add salsa and/or guacamole for the dressing… or one the other 2 sauces above.
- Bottomless House Salad. Order with NO croutons or cheese … comes with mixed greens, cucumber and diced tomato. No dressing is listed to go with this salad and the only “dressing” we know for sure is vegan that you could use is the house made salsa or guacamole.
- Side Salad – This is essentially the bottomless house salad without the ‘bottomless’ aspect. Order with NO croutons or cheese.
- Steak Fries*
- Steamed Broccoli
- Carrot Sticks
Kid’s Vegan Menu
- Red’s Cheeseburger. Order with NO cheese and CHOOSE the Impossible or Veggie Patty … comes with lettuce, tomato and pickles on the Tavern bun.
- Apple Slices
- Fresh Carrots
- Kid’s Side Salad. Order with NO croutons or cheese.
- Kid’s Steamed Broccoli
*Ask for your fries to be fried in their designated fryer to avoid cross-contamination.
Per an email from Red Robin:
Upon ordering please inform the restaurant you are ordering from that you would like your Steak Fries to be fried in our designated fryer to avoid any cross contamination with animal products.
While our Steak Fries do not contain animal products they are still fried in the same fryer as other items that contain animal products unless requested that they are fried in our designated fryer.
Red Robin Vegan FAQ
What is in Red Robin’s Veggie Burger?
The Veggie Burger at Red Robin is made from ancient-grains and quinoa. It is vegan. The Veggie Burger can be ordered as, The Veggie Burger (order with NO cheese or aoli) or The Vegan Burger (a lettuce wrapped version of The Veggie Burger.
The Vegan Burger option is served with steamed broccoli.
Are Red Robin’s Fries Vegan?
An answer so unnecessarily complicated that we did an entire article going through all the details.
Basically, yes they are, but you need to ask for them to be fried in a dedicated fryer to avoid cross-contamination. A fryer that is apparently available, but not used all the time for fries. We’re still not totally sure why.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: I like to custom order my own burger creation at Red Robin and it’s excellent. I get the Impossible Cheeseburger with no mayo, no cheese and no pickles. However, I then add Grilled Pineapple and Guacamole
Jen’s Pick: I have not been yet but am looking forward to trying the Vegan Burger!
- Want to see Red Robin’s full menu? Head over to the Red Robin Official Menu page.
- Information pulled directly from Red Robin’s Allergy-Friendly Menu
- Not seeing exactly what you wanted? We also have vegan guides for Denny’s and Taco Bell as well as 175 other popular chain restaurants on our Vegan Guides at Restaurants Main Page
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!