You may not think that a place like Red Robin, known for their gourmet burgers, would have many vegan options to choose from. But, you’d be wrong.
Red Robin has not one, but two, vegan-friendly burger patties on their menu–a quinoa-based Veggie/Vegan Patty and the Impossible* burger (see our extra info below regarding the Impossible* patty’s cross-contamination).
They also embrace customizing any of their burgers however you like. With a variety of sauces and toppings, you have the ability to get pretty creative with your vegan burger order.
Sure, outside of the burgers and steak fries*, there aren’t a lot of other vegan options to choose from. However, if you are going to Red Robin, isn’t a (vegan) burger why you’re going in the first place?
Vegan Options at Red Robin
–> Please see our cross-contamination information below if choosing to order an Impossible patty at Red Robin.
- The Impossible Gourmet Cheeseburger*. Order with NO cheese or mayo … comes with an impossible patty*, Red’s pickle relish, fresh red onion rings, pickles, lettuce and tomatoe slices on a brioche bun.
- The Veggie Burger. Order with NO cheese or aoli … comes with an ancient grain and quinoa veggie/vegan patty with house-made salsa, fresh avocado slices and lettuce on a brioche bun.
- The Wedgie Burger. SUB the animal burger with their Vegan or Impossible* Patty. Order with NO bacon … comes with guacamole, fresh red onion rings and tomato slices with red robin seasoning on their lettuce “bun.”
Vegan Burger Customizations
You can rearrange and customize basically any burger on the menu. Here is a list of all the ingredients that are vegan-friendly if you decide you want to ‘create-your-own’
Red Robin Vegan Burger Patties
- Impossible Burger Patty*
- Veggie Burger Patty … an ancient grain and quinoa veggie patty
- Brioche Bun
- Wedgie Style (a lettuce bun)
Vegan Burger Toppings
- Grilled Pineapple Rings
- House Made Salsa
- Reds Relish
- Red Onion
- Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- Tomato Slices
- Red Robin Cayenne Seasoning
- Red Robin Seasoning
- House Made Salsa
- Island Heat Sauce
- Scorpion Sauce
Red Robin does not offer any vegan-friendly salad dressings. You can choose from the sauces we have listed above. We recommend asking for salsa and/or guacamole. The Southwest Salad really makes sense with this.
- Southwest Chicken Salad. Order with NO jalapeno coins, ancho marinade, cheese or dressing. SWAP the chicken breast for an Impossible* or the Veggie/Vegan Patty and ask to add Salsa and/or Guacamole for the dressing or one of the other vegan-friendly sauces above … comes with mixed greens, diced tomatoes, avocado, corn, tortilla chips, diced red onion and fresh lime.
- Bottomless House Salad. Order with NO croutons or cheese … comes with mixed greens, cucumber and diced tomato.
- Side Salad – This is essentially the bottomless house salad without the ‘bottomless’ aspect. Order with NO croutons or cheese.
- Steak Fries*
- Steamed Broccoli
- Carrot Sticks
*You can ask for your fries to be fried in their designated fryer to avoid cross-contamination.
Kid’s Vegan Menu
- Red’s Veggie Cheeseburger. Order with NO cheese … comes with a veggie/vegan patty made of ancient grain and quinoa, dill pickles, shredded lettuce and tomato slices on a brioche bun. You can SWAP the vegan patty for an Impossible* patty if you choose as well.
- Apple Slices
- Fresh Carrots
- Kid’s Side Salad. Order with NO croutons or cheese.
- Kid’s Steamed Broccoli
*Red Robin now deems their Impossible Patty not vegan due to equipment changes in their kitchen. With their new kitchen design, they will now be cooking the impossible patty on flattops and it could come into cross-contact with non-vegan ingredients such as cheese (milk) and eggs and therefore we no longer consider it a vegan option.
You choose your level of comfort when it comes to cross-contamination.
As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross-contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
Red Robin Vegan FAQ
What is in Red Robin’s Veggie Burger?
The Veggie Burger at Red Robin is made from ancient grains and quinoa. It is a vegan option with modifications.
Are Red Robin’s Fries Vegan?
An answer so unnecessarily complicated that we did an entire article going through all the details.
Basically, yes they are, but you need to ask for them to be fried in a dedicated fryer to avoid cross-contamination. A fryer that is apparently available, but not used all the time for fries. We’re still not totally sure why.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: I like to custom order my own burger creation at Red Robin and it’s excellent. I get the Impossible Cheeseburger with no mayo, no cheese and no pickles. However, I then add Grilled Pineapple and Guacamole
- Want to see Red Robin’s full menu? Head over to the Red Robin Official Menu page.
- Information comes from multiple sources: A Quality Assurance Manager, Guest Support and from Red Robin’s Allergy-Friendly Menu.
- Not seeing exactly what you wanted? We also have vegan guides for Denny’s and Taco Bell as well as 215 other popular chain restaurants on our Vegan Guides at Restaurants Main Page
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up-to-date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!