You may not think that a place like Red Robin, known for their gourmet burgers, would have many vegan options to choose from. But, you’d be wrong. Red Robin has two different vegan friendly burger patties in their Veggie Patty and the Impossible Burger.
They also embrace customizing any of their burgers however you like. With a variety of buns, sauces and toppings, you have the ability to get pretty creative with your vegan burger order.
Sure, outside of the burgers and steak fries*, their isn’t a lot of other vegan options to choose from. However, if you’re going to Red Robin, isn’t a (vegan) burger why you’re going in the first place?
VeggL Quick Order
Are you in the Red Robin dining room and need to figure out what to order, like NOW!?! Here are the best vegan options at Red Robin that we recommend:
- Get a Burger and Steak Fries*. Either…
- The Impossible Gourmet Cheeseburger. Just make sure to order with no mayo, cheese or dill pickle slices. Check out the Vegan Burger Toppings below if you want to add anything else on.
- The Veggie Burger – The Veggie Burger is an Ancient-Grain and Quinoa veggie patty. Order it with NO Roasted Aioli and Swiss Cheese.
- Red Robin does have a Vegan Burger on the menu, but if you order the ‘Vegan Burger’, they serve it by default on a Lettuce wrap (they call it Wedgie-Style). So make sure to order it with a bun if that’s what you want.
*Cross-contamination is a concern with the Steak Fries. More info on that a little lower on this post…
Vegan Options at Red Robin
- Impossible Gourmet Cheeseburger – Order with NO premium mayo, American cheese and Dill Pickle Slices
- Keep It Simple – Veggie Burger – Order with NO Dill Pickle Slices
- Veggie Burger Patty – Order with NO Roasted Aioli and Sliced Swiss Cheese
- Veggie Vegan Burger
Vegan Burger Customizations
You can rearrange and customize basically any burger on the menu. Here is a list of all the ingredients that are vegan-friendly if you decide you want to ‘create-your-own’
Red Robin Vegan Burger Patty
- Impossible Burger Patty
- Veggie Burger Patty
- Brioche Bun
- Classic Sesame Bun
- Tavern Bun
- Wedgie Style (basically lettuce instead of a bun)
Vegan Burger Toppings
- Grilled Pineapple Rings
- House Made Salsa
- Reds Relish
- Red Robin Cayenne Seasoning
- Red Robin Seasoning
- Red Onion Rings
- Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- Tomato Slices
The Bottomless House Salad is the way to go in our opinion. By the time you remove everything you need to remove off the other salads, what you’re left with is pretty much the house salad.
- Bottomless House Salad – Order with NO Croutons and Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- Side Salad – This is essentially the bottomless house salad without the ‘bottomless’ aspect
- Steak Fries*
- Steamed Broccoli
Kid’s Vegan Menu
- Red’s Cheeseburger – Veggie – Order with NO American Cheese and Dill Pickle Slices
- Apple Slices
- Fresh Carrots
- Kid’s Side Salad
- Kid’s Steamed Broccoli
- Cocktail Sauce
- House Made Salsa
- Island Heat Sauce
*According to Red Robin:
While our steak fries do not include wheat, eggs, soy, fish, shellfish nor milk, and Red Robin does have a dedicated fryer for cooking our steak fries, it is not recommended to consume the steak fries if you are trying to avoid these allergens due to possible cross contact in our fryer station.
Our translation? Yes, cross-contamination may occur. What we really loved when looking through Red Robin’s website and allergen menu is how seriously they seem to take allergens and cross-contamination.
So while cross-contamination is a concern with the steak fries, it’s not really any different than the overwhelming majority of fast food and fast casual establishments.
Red Robin FAQ
What is in Red Robin’s Veggie Burger?
The Veggie Burger at Red Robin is made from ancient-grains and quinoa. It is vegan. The Veggie Burger can be ordered as part of the Keep It Simple – Veggie Burger, The Veggie Burger and The Vegan Burger. It can also be used as a substitute for any of the other burgers on the menu.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 125 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: I like to custom order my own burger creation at Red Robin and it’s excellent. I get the Impossible Cheeseburger with no mayo, no cheese and no pickles. However, I then add Grilled Pineapple and Guacamole
Jen’s Pick: N/A.
- Want to see Red Robin’s full menu? Head over to the Red Robin Official Menu page.
- Information pulled directly from Red Robin’s Allergy-Friendly Menu
- Not seeing exactly what you wanted? We also have vegan guides for Denny’s and Taco Bell as well as 120 other popular chain restaurants on our Vegan Guides at Restaurants Main Page
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know