You may not expect the vegan options at seafood restaurant chain to be all that great. Well, you’d be right. Red Lobster has an allergen database where you can eliminate the allergens you want to avoid including shellfish (obviously), milk and eggs.
When we eliminated all the non-vegan friendly allergens, what we were left with was a few sides and some dressings and condiments. If you find yourself at a Red Lobster, you’re best bet is to just piece together a few sides and try not to get weirded out by cracking of crab legs that may end up going down at your table.
Vegan Options at Red Lobster
VeggL Quick Order
Sitting at the table and need to figure out what to order, like NOW?!? Here are the best vegan options at Red Lobster that we recommend.
- Throw together a couple sides to make a meal. Go with the Quinoa Rice, Green Beans and maybe some Crispy Brussel Sprouts*.
- Baked Potato
- Crispy Brussel Sprouts*
- Green Beans
- Quinoa Rice
- Sea-Salted French Fries*
Vegan Dressings & Condiments
- Cocktail Sauce
- French Dressing
- Marinara Sauce
*Cross Contamination Concern – Everything at Red Lobster is fried in the same Canola Oil. This includes the Fries, Brussel Sprouts as well as fried shrimp, etc.
Per Red Lobster: Due to the risk of cross-contact in our kitchens, we cannot guarantee that any item is free of any allergen. Because items cooked in our fryer or on our grill may come in contact with all allergens, we have identified those for you.
Red Lobster Vegan FAQ
Are Red Lobster Fries Vegan?
The Sea Salted French Fries at Red Lobster are vegan. Cross-contamination is a concern with the preparation of the fries as everything is fried in the same oil. The fries themselves, though, are vegan.
Are Red Lobster Biscuits Vegan?
Unfortunately the cheddar bay biscuits at Red Lobster contain milk and therefore are not vegan.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 125 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: Even before I went vegan I can only think of one time I went to a Red Lobster. Needless to say we haven’t been to one anytime recently. If by some chance we do, we’ll update here.
Jen’s Pick: N/A.
More Links and Info:
- Want to see Red Lobster’s full menu? Head over to the Red Lobster Menu Page
- Information pulled directly from Red Lobster’s Food Allergy Wizard
- Not seeing exactly what you wanted? We also have vegan guides for Olive Garden and The Cheesecake Factory as well as over 115 other popular chain restaurants on our Vegan Guides at Restaurants Main Page
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know