Vegan cheesecake may not be on the list of vegan options at The Cheesecake Factory, but they do have plenty of menu items to choose from.
A few options like the Vegan Cobb Salad, Avocado Toast, Impossible Burger and Pasta Pomodoro are vegan as-is straight off the menu.
There are also about a dozen more choices that can be made vegan with a few slight tweaks like ordering the Thai Lettuce Wraps or Evelyn’s Favorite Pasta with no parmesan, lemon sauce or basil oil.
Here is everything vegan at The Cheesecake Factory!
Vegan Options at The Cheesecake Factory
Small Plates & Snacks
- Little House Salad. Order with a vegan dressing (list of dressings below) … comes with a lettuce mix, carrots and tomato.
- Edamame … soy beans steamed in their pods.
- Avocado Toast … grilled artisan bread topped with fresh avocado, marinated tomato, arugula, radish, red onion; drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and lemon.
- Thai Lettuce Wraps. Order with NO chicken. ASK for grilled avocado … comes with carrots, bean sprouts, coconut curry noodles and lettuce leaves with sauces: peanut, sweet red chili and tamarind-cashew.
- Guacamole & Chips. Order with NO sour cream.
- Little House Salad. Order with a vegan dressing (list below).
- Tossed Green Salad with NO croutons and a vegan dressing (list below).
- Greek Salad. Order with NO feta … comes with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, kalamata olives, red onion and vinaigrette.
- Vegan Cobb Salad … comes with crisp lettuce, grilled asparagus, avocado, roasted beets, green beans, tomato, cucumber, carrot, quinoa, farro, almonds, toasted pepitas and the house vinaigrette.
- Thai Chicken Salad. Order with NO chicken … comes with lettuce, carrots, rice noodles, cucumbers, bean sprouts, cilantro, peanuts, sesame seeds; tossed in a Thai vinaigrette.
Check for availability with your location.
- House Vinaigrette (aka Balsamic Vinaigrette)
- Lemon Vinaigrette
- Shallot Vinaigrette
- French Mustard (gluten free)
- Red Wine Vinaigrette
- Skinny Mustard Vinaigrette
- Thai Vinaigrette (typically only used for the Thai Chicken Salad)
- Impossible Burger… comes with vegan cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickles, onion and their special sauce (vegan 1000 island dressing) on a toasted vegan brioche bun.
- Skinny Impossible Burger. Order with NO mayo and choose a vegan dressing (list below) for your salad… the ‘Skinny’ Impossible Burger comes with a dairy based mayo, a different toasted bun than the regular version; comes with a green salad and skinny mustard vinaigrette.
- Evelyn’s Favorite Pasta. Order with NO parmesan, lemon sauce or basil oil. The Angel Hair, Penne, Bow Tie, Spaghetti, and Gluten-Free pasta types are Vegan … comes with spaghetti tossed with broccoli, tomato, zucchini, eggplant, peppers, kalamata olives, onions, garlic and fresh herbs.
- Pasta Pomodoro … spaghetti tossed with housemade marinara, cherry tomatoes and fresh basil.
- Skinny Asian Chicken Lettuce Wrap Tacos. Order with NO chicken. SUB with grilled avocado (optional) … comes with butter lettuce leaves, filled with carrots, bean sprouts, cucumber, cilantro and rice noodles; served with spicy peanut and cashew sauces.
- French Fries
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Green Beans. Order with NO butter
- Fresh Corn. Order with NO butter
- Sautéed Spinach. Order with NO butter
- Steamed Broccoli. Order with NO butter
- Steamed Asparagus. Order with NO butter
- Bowl of Fresh Berries. Order with NO whipped cream.
*As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross-contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
Note: VeggL is a US-based website and all info contained on our site is regarding US-based locations.
The Cheesecake Factory Vegan FAQ
Is the Korean Cauliflower Vegan?
This varies based on location so we took it off the menu above. The batter is made using rice flour and water; however, some locations dip the cauliflower in egg prior to battering and we have been informed that the sauce may contain honey. Ask before ordering!
The reason it was on our guide before was because a vegan general manager has been a contact and informed us this was a vegan option without the ranch. We also confirmed this with guest services. Since then, we have received a couple of emails (referring to locations in different parts of the country) stating that their location uses egg to batter or their sauce contains honey. There are too many inconsistencies.
The email we received in response to our questions regarding the Korean Cauliflower itself containing animal products from the Cheesecake Factory’s guest services says, “I am able to share with you that it does not contain any eggs, dairy or honey.”
If you really want this option, we suggest you ask your server for clarity of the ingredients they are using at your location.
Is the Impossible Burger at The Cheesecake Factory vegan?
Be aware there are now 2 versions of the Impossible Burger at The Cheesecake Factory. The regular version that includes a special sauce (aka a vegan 1000 island dressing) on a brioche bun is vegan as-is.
The Skinny Impossible Burger is not vegan as-is. The difference between the two is the Skinny comes with a lite animal-based mayo and on a different bun with a Green Salad. To make the Skinny vegan, order with NO mayo.
Is the Veggie Burger vegan at Cheesecake Factory?
Short answer. It used to be. Long answer… they recently started adding heavy cream to it.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: Haven’t been to a Cheesecake Factory since going vegan. Will update here when I do.
Jen’s Pick: I have not been since my pre-vegan days but I look forward to trying their Vegan Cobb Salad.
More Info and Links
- The Cheesecake Factory was founded in Beverly Hills, CA in 1978 (the bakery was founded six years earlier in 1972) and currently has 206 locations in the US.
- If you’d like to see everything on Cheesecake Factory’s menu, check out their official menu page on their website
- Information pulled directly from The Cheesecake Factory’s Nutritional Guide
- Not quite what you’re looking for? VeggL has over 175 Cheat Sheet Guides for popular chain restaurants including other casual dine in locations like Yard House and Maggiano’s
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!