The vegan options at Jersey Mike’s are about what you would expect from a sub shop.
While Jersey Mike’s doesn’t have anything necessarily geared towards vegans, like tofu or a vegan cheese – they have multiple bread options, plenty of veggie toppings and vegan-friendly chips.
If you want to go ‘straight from the menu’, order The Veggie or Grilled Portabella with NO cheese and add on any extra toppings you want.
Vegan Options at Jersey Mike’s
When you order, you can say you want it Mike’s Way, which means you are asking for onions, lettuce, tomatoes, red wine vinegar, an olive oil blend and spices to automatically be added.
We are not aware of any vegan-friendly dressings so you can ask for red wine vinegar, their olive oil blend, mustard and/or guacamole to top it with.
- Tossed Salad … comes with lettuce, tomato, green bell pepper and cucumber.
- Grilled Portabella & Swiss (#64). Order with NO cheese. Choose White^ or Seeded Italian Bread^ … comes with green bell pepper, grilled onions and an olive oil blend.
- The Veggie (#14). Order with NO cheese. Choose White^ or Seeded Italian Bread^ … comes with lettuce, tomato, onion, green bell pepper, oregano, olive oil blend, red wine vinegar and salt. You can also add any of the vegan toppings listed below.
Vegan Bread Options
- White Bread^
- Seeded Italian Bread^
^contains enzymes we do not know the source of–choose your level of comfort
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Olive Oil Blend
- Banana Peppers
- Jalapeno Peppers
- Dill Pickles
- Cherry Pepper Relish
- Green Bell Pepper
- Red/Green Pepper Strips
- Grilled Onions
- Portabella Mushroom
- Tomato Sauce
- Baked Lay’s
- Lay’s BBQ
- Lay’s Classic
- Lay’s Salt & Vinegar
- Miss Vickie’s Sea Salt
- Sun Chips Original
- French Fries*
* As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross-contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
Jersey Mike’s FAQ
Is the Wheat Bread at Jersey Mike’s Vegan?
No. According to their ingredients list, the wheat bread contains honey.
Is the Gluten-Free Bread at Jersey Mike’s Vegan?
No. According to their ingredients list, the Gluten-Free Bread contains egg.
Are Jersey Mike’s Croutons Vegan?
No. Jersey Mike’s croutons contain dairy.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Info and Links
- If you’d like to see all the options on Jersey Mike’s menu, check out Jersey Mike’s Full Menu
- Information for this guide was pulled directly from their Nutritional Information
- Not quite what you’re looking for? VeggL has over 215 Cheat Sheet Guides for popular chain restaurants including other sub locations like Firehouse Subs and Subway
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!