The vegan options at Hot Head Burritos are pretty good. They are a ‘build your own burrito’ fast casual chain similar to a Chipotle or Qdoba.
However, we were hoping for something similar to a Sofritas or Impossible Meat, but instead ordering will be limited to a more veggie-style selection. You can still make yourself a burrito or bowl filled with two choices of rice and beans, veggies and a good selection of salsas and sauces.
Here’s what you can order vegan at Hot Head Burritos:
Hot Head Burritos Vegan Options
Choose Your Style
- Large Tortilla
- Cheddar Jalapeno Tortilla*
- Hard Taco Shell
- Lil Burrito Tortilla
- Soft Taco
*According to both Hot Head Burrito’s Allergen Guide and one of the stores we spoke to, all of their tortillas are vegan-friendly. (However, it’s still hard not to be skeptical of a tortilla with ‘cheddar’ in the name.) We suggest confirming with your location.
Choose Your Toppings
- Brown Rice
- White Rice
- Black Beans
- Pinto Beans
- Banana Peppers
- Jalapeno Slices
- Fajita Veggies** (Peppers and Onions)
- Pan Seared Veggies** (Zucchini and Squash)
**Veggies are cooked in a separate pan. They do not share the grill with animal products.
- Corn Salsa
- Roja Salsa
- Wild Salsa
Note: The Verde Salsa contains Milk
- Cholula Hot Sauce
- Mango Habanero
- Smoky Tabasco
- Straight Habanero
- Sweet Habanero
- Taco Sauce
***As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
Note: VeggL is a US-based website. All info contained on our site (and app) is regarding US based locations.
Hot Head Burritos Vegan FAQ
Is Hot Head Sauce Vegan?
According to the Hot Head Allergen Guide, the Hot Head sauces contains both milk and egg and therefore is not vegan.
Are the Beans at Hot Head Vegan-Friendly?
Yes. According to Hot Head Burritos allergen guide and a couple stores we spoke to, both beans – the black beans and pinto beans – are not cooked in or with any animal products.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports, sports venues and theme parks. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Links and Info
- If you’d like to see the complete menu at Hot Head Burritos, head over to their Official Menu.
- Information for this guide was obtained through the Hot Head Burrito Allergen Guide and through calling multiple stores.
- Not quite what you were looking for? Don’t worry, VeggL has over 300 vegan guides, including popular spots to get a burrito like Chipotle and Taco Bell.
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!