As of December 2019, the vegan options at Hardee’s includes the Beyond Burger and Beyond Sausage! There are some stipulations though. Actually, there are way more modifications than should be necessary when there are two Beyond Meat options on the menu. For the Beyond Thickburger, the premium bun contains milk, but you can order the burger with a lettuce wrap or on Sourdough Bread. You also need to make sure to order the burger without mayo or cheese.
When it comes to the Beyond Sausage, get it in the burrito (sans eggs and cheese) or toasted sourdough. Here is the full list of everything vegan at Hardee’s:
Vegan Options at Hardee’s
Beyond Burger / Beyond Sausage Options
- Original Beyond Thickburger – (Order with NO mayo. Order with lettuce wrap or Sourdough Bread in place of a bun) 100% plant-based Beyond Burger™ patty with lettuce, tomato, red onion, dill pickles, ketchup, mustard and mayo* on a toasted premium bun*.
*The Beyond Thickburger comes with mayo by default. The Premium Bun contains milk and milk products. Even though it’s not meant to have cheese we also recommend to order with NO cheese just to be sure.
- Beyond Sausage – Must be ordered with the Toasted Sourdough Bread or in a Burrito. You can add hashrounds, but obviously no eggs or cheese.
While the Beyond Sausage itself is vegan, the biscuit contains milk so the biscuit options are a no go.
- Beans, Rice and (NO) Cheese Burrito – The Tortilla, Beans and Mexican Rice are all vegan. Order the burrito with NO cheese.
- Chips and Salsa – You can also add a side of beans and/or rice to step up your nacho game a bit
- Side Salad without cheese
- Low Fat Italian Dressing
- Natural Cut French Fries***
- Crispy Curls***
- Green Beans
- Sourdough Bread
- Hot Dog Bun
**The grits are a bit of a conundrum. The Ingredients list states that they contain milk and milk products. However, when we look at the list of ingredients – Enriched White Corn Grits (Corn Grits, Niacin, Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid) – none of them really stick out as being milk related. We’ve reached out to Hardee’s and are waiting to hear back.
- Peach Cobbler
- Strawberry Jam
- Grape Jelly
- Lemon Juice
- BBQ Dipping Cup and Packet
- Buffalo Dipping Cup
- Picante Sauce Packet
***As with many restaurants, items may share a fryer and cross-contamination may occur.
Hardee’s Vegan FAQ
Are Hardees fries vegan?
Yes. The fries may share a fryer with other non-vegan items so cross-contamination is a concern, but the fries themselves are vegan.
Is Hardee’s beyond burger vegan?
The Beyond Meat® patties are 100% plant-based, but as they are prepared in a shared kitchen, on shared cooking surfaces with meat products, they are not 100% vegan or Certified Vegan. ALSO, by default the Beyond Thickburger comes with mayo. Make sure to order with NO mayo. Finally, even though the burger is not supposed to come with cheese by default, I always specify no cheese just to be sure. (The picture on Hardee’s Beyond page shows the burger with cheese on it.)
Are Hardees onion rings vegan?
According to the Ingredients Guide, the Beer Battered Onion Rings at Hardee’s contain milk and milk products, specfically whey.
VeggL Cheat Sheet Guides
Ryan’s Pick: I’ve not been to Hardee’s since they rolled out the Beyond options. I’ll update here once I do.
Jen’s Pick: Same as Ryan. Once we have a Hardee’s close by, we will let you know!
- If you’d like to see Hardee’s full menu, head over to their Official Menu Page
- Information pulled from Hardee’s Ingredients Guide
- Not quite what you were looking for? VeggL has over 115 Cheat Sheets for popular chain restaurants including other burger spots like Burger King and BurgerFi
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know