Hardees has been a tough guide to create and keep up to date with vegan options.
For one, in December 2019, they began offering a Beyond Burger and Beyond Sausage. We had notated the modifications that needed to be made including cross-contamination information.
Once March of 2021 rolled around, we noticed these options disappearing but could not get ANY clarification from Hardees. We had NO idea if they had removed it from all locations or a few so we kept them on our guide for another year; just in case there were some locations still offering it.
As of July 2022, we chose to clean up the guide and remove them.
Another change Hardees made was to their Peach dessert. They used to have a Peach Cobbler that was accidentally vegan but have since changed that to a Peaches and Cream Fried Pie–NOT vegan.
We were also made aware that the Red Burrito options are not available at all locations.
So really, you have some fries* as an option as long as you’re ok with a shared fryer.
Vegan Options at Hardee’s
We have reached out to Hardee’s countless times (since March 2021) to verify if either the Beyond burger or sausage, which were released in December 2019, is still available. We knew it was not at a few of the locations we called (including those closest to us) but could not gather whether that was the case at all locations.
As of July 2022, we have chosen to remove Beyond as potential options at all locations. If you happen to see it available, please let us know.
Not available at all locations.
- Beans, Rice and Cheese Burrito. Order with NO cheese … comes with a tortilla, beans and Mexican rice.
- Chips and Salsa – You can also add a side of beans and/or rice to step up your nacho game a bit.
- Side Salad with Low Fat Italian Dressing. Order with NO cheese.
- Natural Cut French Fries*
- Crispy Curls*
- Sourdough Bread
- Strawberry Jam
- Grape Jelly
- Lemon Juice
- BBQ Dipping Cup and Packet
- Buffalo Dipping Cup
- Picante Sauce Packet
* As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross-contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
Hardee’s Vegan FAQ
Are Hardees fries vegan?
Yes. The fries may share a fryer with other non-vegan items so cross-contamination is a concern, but the fries themselves are vegan.
Is Hardee’s beyond burger vegan?
The burger could be modified if you are ok with cross-contamination, which is most likely at all restaurants that do not have a 100% vegan kitchen.
“The Beyond Meat® patties are 100% plant-based, but as they are prepared in a shared kitchen, on shared cooking surfaces with meat products, they are not 100% vegan or Certified Vegan.” We suggested ordering with NO mayo or cheese.
The Beyond Burger mysteriously disappeared in March 2021. We have yet to confirm any information as to why or if there will be a comeback with Hardees.
Are Hardees onion rings vegan?
According to the Ingredients Guide, the Beer Battered Onion Rings at Hardee’s contain milk and milk products, specifically whey.
Does Hardees have a vegan dessert?
No. Hardees used to offer a Peach Cobbler that was accidentally vegan but it has been replaced with a Peaches and Cream Fried Pie that contains dairy.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Jen & Ryan’s Pick: We have not been to Hardee’s since prior to being vegan. We’ll update if we do.
More Links and Info
- If you’d like to see Hardee’s full menu, head over to their Official Menu Page
- Information pulled from Hardee’s Nutritional Info
- Not quite what you were looking for? VeggL has over 175 Cheat Sheets for popular chain restaurants including other burger spots like Burger King and BurgerFi
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!