The vegan options at First Watch are not overwhelming, but you can easily get a bite to eat there for either breakfast or lunch. First Watch is a chain with over 300 locations in 26 states.
It is best known for it’s breakfast, but also has some lunch options as well.
There are some simple vegan breakfast choices like fruit and oatmeal, but the two stars are probably the Avocado Toast and the Veggie Burger (both need slight modifications). Here’s everything vegan at First Watch:
Vegan Options at First Watch
- Fresh, Seasoned Potatoes
- Whole Grain Toast – Order with NO butter
The Healthier Side
- Avocado Toast (No Eggs)
- Fresh Fruit
- A.M Superfoods Bowl – Toast with Almond Butter, Granola
- Steel Cut Oatmeal with Pecans – Order with NO milk
- Veggie Burger – Order with NO butter, dijonaisse and on Whole Grain Toast with NO butter. (Check out the FAQ below for more info on the veggie burger)
- Black Beans
- Lemon Dressed Greens
- Market Vegetable Soup
- Maple Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
- Citrus Chipotle Dressing
First Watch Vegan FAQ
Is First Watch Toast Vegan?
Yes. Just make sure to order the toast without butter. Opt for almond butter or jam instead.
Is the Veggie Burger at First Watch Vegan?
Yes, with a few modifications. The First Watch veggie burger is a seasoned all-natural patty of brown rice, Peppadew peppers, onions, carrots and mushrooms. Served with fresh smashed avocado, organic mixed greens, tomato, red onion and a side of Dijonnaise.
Order the sandwich with NO butter or dijonnaise and NOT on the brioche bun. Ask if they can serve it on the Whole Grain Toast with NO butter. Per First Watch, you can ask your server for further assistance in making sure it is vegan.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: We’ve never had the chance to eat at a First Watch, but we will update here when we do.
Jen’s Pick: N/A
More Links and Info
- If you’d like to check out First Watch’s full menu, head over to First Watch’s Official Menu page
- Information is pulled from First Watch’s Allergen Menu
- Not quite what you’re looking for? We have Vegan Cheat Sheet Guides for over 175 popular chain restaurants, including locations like True Food Kitchen and Denny’s
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!