The vegan options at First Watch are not overwhelming, but you can easily get a bite to eat there for either breakfast or lunch. First Watch is a chain with over 300 locations in 26 states.
It is best known for it’s breakfast, but also has some lunch options as well.
There are some simple vegan breakfast choices like fruit and oatmeal, but the two stars are probably the A.M. Superfoods Bowl and the Veggie Burger (the veggie burger needs modifications). Here’s everything vegan at First Watch:
Vegan Options at First Watch
We have learned that options may vary by location. For instance, the Veggie Burger appears to not be available at all locations.
Non-dairy milk selection may vary by location as well. We were able to get oat milk when we visited but A.M. Superfoods Bowl is also made with coconut milk.
- Morning Meditation … includes orange, lemon, turmeric, organic ginger, agave nectar and beet.
- Kale Tonic … includes kale, fuji apple, English cucumber and lemon.
- Purple Haze … includes lemon, cane sugar, butterfly pea flower tea and a hint of lavendar.
The Healthier Side
Order ALL toast with NO butter/margarine. The margarine contains dairy.
- Avocado Toast. Order with NO eggs and NO butter/margarine on the toast … comes with fresh smashed avocado, EVOO, lemon and Maldon salt on a thick cut whole grain artisan toast.
- A.M Superfoods Bowl … comes with coconut milk chia seed pudding, fresh bananas and berries, mixed berry compote, housemade granola and whole grain artisan toast with almond butter and Maldson sea salt.
- Steel Cut Oatmeal. Order with NO dairy milk. SUB with a non-dairy milk they have available and SUB artisan toast with almond butter for the muffin … comes with steel cut oats, pecans, bananas, strawberries and brown sugar.
- Fresh, Seasoned Potatoes (optional: add onions)
- Whole Grain Toast. Order with NO butter. It is optional to ask for almond butter.
- Fresh Fruit
- Grits. Order with NO butter
- Veggie Burger. Order with NO butter or dijonaisse. SUB the brioche bun with Whole Grain Toast and NO butter. (Check out the FAQ below for more info on the veggie burger) … comes with a veggie patty, avocado, organic mixed greens, onions and tomato.
- Black Beans
- Lemon Dressed Greens
- Market Vegetable Soup
- Maple Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
- Citrus Chipotle Dressing
* As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
First Watch Vegan FAQ
Is First Watch’s Granola Vegan?
Yes! We have been told that not only does their granola not contain dairy but it is not made with honey either; no animal products.
Is First Watch Toast Vegan?
Yes. First Watch offers a whole grain artisan toast… just make sure to order it with NO butter/margarine. Opt for almond butter or jam instead.
Is the Veggie Burger at First Watch Vegan?
Yes, with a few modifications. The First Watch veggie burger is a seasoned all-natural patty of brown rice, Peppadew peppers, onions, carrots and mushrooms. Served with fresh smashed avocado, organic mixed greens, tomato, red onion and a side of Dijonnaise.
Order the sandwich with NO butter or dijonnaise and NOT on the brioche bun. Ask if they can serve it on the Whole Grain Toast with NO butter. Per First Watch, you can ask your server for further assistance in making sure it is vegan.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: The Avocado Toast comes with mounds of smashed avocado. The whole grain toast is toasted perfectly. Very good.
Jen’s Pick: The A.M. Superfoods Bowl is so fresh and yummy, I’m figuring out how to make a copycat!
More Links and Info
- If you’d like to check out First Watch’s full menu, head over to First Watch’s Official Menu page
- Information is pulled from First Watch’s Allergen Menu
- Not quite what you’re looking for? We have Vegan Cheat Sheet Guides for over 175 popular chain restaurants, including locations like True Food Kitchen and Denny’s
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!