Not a lot of vegan options to speak of at Bob Evans. Some bread options, a few sides (some of which are fried. Bob Evans uses shared fryers) or putting together your own salad are about the full range of what you can order.
We would recommend other locations with better vegan options over Bob Evans, but if you are at a Bob Evans, here is everything you can currently order:
Vegan Options at Bob Evans
Bakery, Bread & Dessert
- Brioche Bread (NOT the Brioche Bun. The Brioche Bun contains Milk)
- English Muffin
- Marble Wheat Bread
- Potato Bun
- Rye Bread
- Sourdough Bread
- Wheat Bread
- White Bread
- Fresh Fruit
- Golden Brown Home Fries
- Steamed Broccoli. Order with NO butter.
- Baked Potato (check your location for availability)
- French Fries*
- Hash Browns
- Home Fries
You can try to put together your own salad. If you do, make sure to leave off croutons, cheese, and any egg/meat. Also, the only dressing we can see listed on their allergen menu as vegan is the Colonial Dressing.
Vegan Dressings and Sauces
- Chocolate Sauce
- Colonial Dressing
- Cranberry Relish
- Ranchero Sauce
*Fried items use a shared fryer.
*Note: As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: I haven’t been to a Bob Evans in years – long before I went vegan. I honestly can’t see myself going out of my way to go to a Bob Evans given the current vegan options, but if I do eat at a Bob Evans, I’ll update my picks here.
Jen’s Pick: I’ve been to Bob Evan’s only once since being vegan and I got the hashbrowns and fruit. It was fine–I wasn’t expecting much.
More Links and Info
- Bob Evans is a casual dining chain specializing in breakfast food. Founded in Ohio in 1948, Bob Evans currently has around 500 locations in 18 states – the majority of which are located in the Mid-West.
- If you’d like to see all the options on Bob Evans’ menu, check out Bob Evans’ Full Menu
- Information on this page taken directly from Bob Evans’ Allergen Menu
- Not quite what you’re looking for? VeggL has over 175 Vegan Guides for popular chain restaurants including other breakfast locations like Denny’s and First Watch
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!