For being such an incredible Vegan City, Philadelphia’s Lincoln Financial Field, home of the Philadelphia Eagles, is disappointing. In fact, it bums us out even more because Philadelphia is where we started VeggL in 2018. And fell in love with The Linc when Ryan worked at Temple–so many “T for Temple U” and Eagles games made it feel like home during the fall.
I will be honest though, I chose to utilize the Lincoln Financial option to bring in food because the options were barely existent and that hasn’t changed for the 2023 season.
We share below the response we have received from them along with their bag, food and beverage policies.
And lastly, you will see a couple of vegan-friendly restaurants you can stop at on your way in or out of the game.
This guide has been a huge struggle, so if you can help us update it, please let us know!
Vegan Options at Lincoln Financial Field
The Linc has historically not had good vegan options. This is unfortunately no different for the 2023 season.
Our communication with them has not been helpful in the slightest. We were given a list of their gluten-free and vegetarian-friendly items and then were told to stop at the vendors to ask if they are vegan. What they are suggesting is to go to a game to find out if it is vegan and then potentially have no food. Not once was I told I could just bring in my own food… which is something we know is ok to do at the Linc.
Of the 4 items listed, one has the potential to be vegan-friendly. It is a vegetarian burger at section 110.
We will continue to update this guide if/when we learn more. If you happen to stop by section 110 and learn more about this vegetarian burger, please let us know!
Can I Bring Food Into Lincoln Financial Field?
Thinking about bringing your own food to the stadium? Here are a few policies at Lincoln Financial Field that you need to be aware of. We pulled these directly from the Linc’s A to Z Guide.
Bag Policy (as of 8.24.23)
Fans are encouraged to limit the number of items they bring with them to the stadium. They will be able to carry (1) of the following style and size bag, package, or container at stadium plaza areas, stadium gates, or when approaching queue lines awaiting entry into the stadium:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12”
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand but not larger than 4.5″ x 6.5″, with or without a handle/strap. This small clutch bag may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
- An exception can be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection. Please contact Fan Services for more information at contact@Lincolnfinancialfield.com prior to arrival.
Food & Beverage (as of 8.24.23)
- Food can be brought in as long as it is wrapped in clear plastic.
- Bottles, cans and beverage containers of any kind*
- Food not wrapped in clear plastic*
* Exceptions will be made for those with medical requirements and/or special needs.
ALL PERSONS AND/OR THEIR BELONGINGS ARE SUBJECT TO SEARCH AS A CONDITION OF ENTRY INTO LINCOLN FINANCIAL FIELD.
Vegan Options Lincoln Financial Field
Looking to grab a bite to eat before or after the game? We did some research and found a couple of vegan-friendly spots close to the stadium.
These are NOT 100% vegan restaurants since there are not any close to the stadium but they do have many vegan-specific menu items and the restaurants take care in doing their best not to have cross-contamination issues.
Philadium is a bar within walking distance (20-25 minutes / 1.2 miles) to the stadium that offers vegan pizza, vegan wings, burgers and cheesesteak. This could be a spot you order from, pick up your food to tailgate then wrap the rest in a clear plastic bag to take in with you.
See the bag search guidelines above for bag size details.
Triangle Tavern is a bar with a lot of great vegan options; 3 miles from the stadium.
- If you’d like to get more info on Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia you can go to their official page here
- VeggL is THE place for finding vegan options ANYWHERE! We have Cheat Sheets for Popular Restaurants, Airports and Stadiums/Arenas
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!