The vegan options at Wendy’s are pretty limited. You can go with a baked potato, side salad, fries* or fries* on a bun. Seriously, check out the “fry sandwich” below. Super weird, but oddly good. Other than that, go for a salad and make the required modifications.
And without further ado, check out our list of all the vegan options at Wendy’s.
Vegan Options at Wendy’s
VeggL Quick Order
- Natural-Cut Fries*
- Apple Bites
- Baked Potato Plain or with Chives – Advise NO butter, cheese or sour cream. Ask for ketchup, BBQ sauce or hot chili (spicy) sauce to pour on top.
- Baked Potato Plain or with Chives. Advise NO butter, cheese or sour cream. Sub with salsa and avocado.
- Side Salad. Advise NO cheese or croutons. Choose from Vegan Salad Dressings below.
- Southwest Avocado Chicken Salad. Advise NO cheese, chicken or bacon. Switch dressing from Southwest Ranch Dressing to one of the vegan dressings below.
- Taco Salad. Advise NO cheese, chili or sour cream. Ask to sub with avocado.
- Apple Pecan Chicken Salad. Advise NO blue cheese, chicken or pecans.
- Veggie Sandwich. Ask for Jr. Cheeseburger Deluxe. Advise NO meat, cheese or mayo
- Fry Sandwich. This is our personal favorite! Order Veggie Sandwich (above) and Natural-Cut Fries. Pull your sandwich & fries out of the bag, take off the bun, add fries on top of the veggies, replace bun & woila! A weird yet VEGAN Fry Sandwich
- Breakfast Seasoned Potatoes*
Of the current salads available, the only vegan dressing listed is the Pomegranate Vinaigrette^ and Champagne Vinaigrette^. Check with your location to see if they have one of the others below.
- Light Spicy Asian Chili Vinaigrette^
- Pomegranate Vinaigrette Dressing^
- Light Balsamic Vinaigrette^
Wendy’s does not have a dedicated vegan cooking space, cross contamination can occur
*Cooked in the same oil as menu items that contain wheat, milk and fish.
^Sugar source not confirmed.
Wendy’s Vegan FAQ
Are Wendy’s Natural Cut Fries Vegan?
Technically, this depends on where you hold the line around cross-contamination. Do the fries contain any animal products? No. But they are fried in the same oil as their other menu items that contain meat and dairy. You choose your comfort level.
Can I eat WFPB (Whole Food Plant Based) at Wendy’s?
Yes! Apple Bites, Baked Potato–plain or with chives (order with no butter, cheese or sour cream) and a Side Salad (order with no cheese or croutons). Ask if you can sub with avocado, guacamole or salsa. Other toppings could be ketchup or mustard.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 125 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Jen’s Pick: To be honest, the Fry Sandwich is everything but I only get it when my mind isn’t wrapped around the fact that the fries are cross-contaminated. The next best thing & I think we need to tell them to add it to the menu is a plain baked potato with salsa(from the taco salad) & avocado(from the SW Avocado Chicken Salad).
Ryan’s Pick: The Fry Sandwich is a little odd, but it is surprisingly good.
More Info and Links
- If you’d like to check out Wendy’s entire menu, head over to their official menu page
- Not quite what you were looking for? VeggL has Cheat Sheets for over 120 popular chain restaurants including other fast food locations like Burger King and Taco Bell
Disclaimor: We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change or are updated. VeggL is not responsible for any outdated or incorrect information contained on our cheat sheets. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know