The vegan options at Wendy’s are pretty limited. You can go with a baked potato, side salad, fries* or “fries* on a bun.” Seriously, check out the “fry sandwich” below. Super weird, but oddly good.
Other than that, go for a salad and make the required modifications.
And without further ado, check out our list of all the vegan options at Wendy’s.
Vegan Options at Wendy’s
- Side Salad. Order with NO cheese or croutons. Ask for either salsa or the pomegranate vinaigrette as your dressing.
- Southwest Avocado Chicken Salad. Order with NO cheese, chicken or bacon. SUB the southwest ranch with salsa … comes with a romaine & spring mix, tomatoes and avocado.
- Taco Salad. Order with NO cheese, chili or sour cream. Ask to SUB with avocado … comes with romaine, tomatoes, salsa and taco chips.
- Apple Pecan Chicken Salad. Order with NO blue cheese, chicken or pecans … comes with a romaine & spring lettuce mix, apples, dried cranberries and pomegranate vinaigrette dressing.
Of the current salads available, the only accidently vegan dressing listed is the Pomegranate Vinaigrette^ or salsa.
Fries & Sides
- Natural-Cut Fries*
- Baked Potato Plain or with Chives. Order with NO butter, cheese or sour cream. Ask for ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce or hot chili (spicy) sauce to pour on top.
- Baked Potato Plain or with Chives. Order with NO butter, cheese or sour cream. SUB with salsa and avocado.
- Apple Bites
- Veggie Sandwich. Ask for Jr. Cheeseburger Deluxe. Order with NO meat, cheese or mayo
- Fry Sandwich. This is our personal favorite! Order Veggie Sandwich (above) and Natural-Cut Fries. Pull your sandwich & fries out of the bag, take off the bun, add fries on top of the veggies, replace bun & woila! A weird yet VEGAN Fry Sandwich 😉
- Breakfast Seasoned Potatoes*
* All fried items are cooked in the same oil as menu items that contain wheat, milk and fish. As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
^Sugar source not confirmed.
Note: VeggL is a US-based website. All info contained on our site (and app) is regarding US based locations.
Wendy’s Vegan FAQ
Are Wendy’s French Toast Sticks Vegan?
No. Wendy’s French Toast Sticks contain egg and dairy. Here is the ingredient list:
Bread (Enriched Unbleached Wheat Flour [Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid], Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar, Yeast, Soybean Oil, Wheat Gluten, Salt, Dough Conditioners [Monoglycerides, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Ascorbic Acid, Calcium Sulfate, Enzymes], Monocalcium Phosphate, Calcium Propionate [Preservative], DATEM, Corn Flour, Calcium Sulfate, Soy Lecithin, Spice and Coloring, Potassium Iodate, Sesame Flour). Egg Batter (Whole Eggs, Sugar, Water, Whey, Whole Milk Powder, Brown Sugar Vanilla Flavor [Natural flavors, Brown Sugar], Salt, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid).
Are Wendy’s Natural Cut Fries Vegan?
Technically, this depends on where you hold the line around cross-contamination. Do the fries contain any animal products? No. But they are fried in the same oil as their other menu items that contain meat and dairy. You choose your comfort level.
Is Wendy’s Veggie Stack Available in the United States?
We noticed when visiting Wendys.com that we accidentally got routed to the Wendy’s in the U.K. Honestly, we got excited thinking the U.S. had a burger called the Veggie Stack. Unfortunately, that’s not the case and wanted to make it clear in case others in the United States land on that page and get confused.
Is Wendy’s Fresh Baked Oatmeal Bar Vegan?
No. Wendy’s breakfast Baked Oatmeal Bar contains eggs and honey in its ingredients list.
Can I eat WFPB (Whole Food Plant Based) at Wendy’s?
Yes! Apple Bites, Baked Potato–plain or with chives (order with no butter, cheese or sour cream) and a Side Salad (order with no cheese or croutons). Ask if you can sub with avocado, guacamole or salsa. Other toppings could be ketchup or mustard.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Jen’s Pick: My go-to’s at Wendy’s are a baked potato with ketchup and mustard or fries.
Ryan’s Pick: The Fry Sandwich is a little odd, but it is surprisingly good.
More Info and Links
- If you’d like to check out Wendy’s entire menu, head over to their official menu page
- Not quite what you were looking for? VeggL has Cheat Sheets for over 175 popular chain restaurants including other fast food locations like Burger King and Taco Bell
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected, please let us know!