Maggiano’s is an upscale Italian dine-in establishment with some excellent vegan options. They may not offer a ton of variety, but the vegan dishes they do have are really good. They also get props for specifically stating what items are vegan directly on their allergen menu – something we really appreciate here at VeggL!
Also, if you check out our picks down at the bottom I let you in on a ‘secret sandwich’ that you may be able to ask for the next time you’re at Maggiano’s.
Vegan Options at Maggiano’s Little Italy
- Ciabatta Table Rolls
- Italian Tossed Salad – Order WITHOUT Cheese and WITHOUT Croutons
- House Dressing
- Italian Vinaigrette
Classic Pasta and Sauces
- Spaghetti with Marinara
- Whole Wheat Pasta (can be ordered as a substitute)
- Gluten Free Pasta (can be ordered as a substitute)
- Marinara Sauce
- Tomato Ragu Sauce
- Mediterranean Spaghetti – Roasted Peppers, Kalamata Olives, Capers, Vegetarian Tomato Ragu
- Fresh Grilled Asparagus – Order WITHOUT Cheese
- Roasted Garlic Broccoli
- Spaghetti Marinara
Kid’s Vegan Options
- Zita with Marinara
All of the options we have listed here are listed as vegan on Maggiano’s Vegan/Vegetarian Allergen Data. A couple notes from that page that we also wanted to share:
Our corporate dietitian has identified which menu items meet our vegetarian and vegan standards.
Vegan (VG) items contain no animal-derived products. Because we use shared fryers in our restaurants, fried foods are exposed to animal product during the cooking process.
VeggL Cheat Sheet Guides
Ryan’s Pick: We often get Maggiano’s catered for our away game plane trips. (I work in college football) We get an option of the Mediterranean Spaghetti and an Eggplant sandwich with veggies on Ciabatta bread. The sandwich I just learned is not even on the menu! Too bad, because the sandwich is excellent! That is usually my choice between the two.
Jen’s Pick: I usually order the Mediterranean Spaghetti with no capers. I don’t really get enamored with pasta dishes because I always feel like it’s something I can do myself, but the dish is really good.
- Maggiano’s was founded in Chicago in 1991 and currently has just over 50 locations across the US.
- If you’d like to see all the options on Maggiano’s menu, check out Maggiano’s Full Menu
- Information pulled directly from Maggiano’s Vegetarian/Vegan Allergen Data
- Not quite what you’re looking for? VeggL has over 115 Cheat Sheet Guides for popular chain restaurants including other dine in locations like Macaroni Grill and Olive Garden
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know