While Carrabba’s doesn’t offer A LOT of vegan options, we are impressed that they put together a list so we no longer need to question what they are. If you do a search for their vegan options, the questions around the bread and minestrone soup have been around for years. As of 2020, we have their most updated list here!
Yes to the bread. No to the minestrone soup. You do have a couple pasta options and a few sides. Should be an easy and filling meal to create.
Vegan Options at Carrabba’s
- Bread & Oil with Herbs
- House Side Salad
- Italian Side Salad
- Vegan Dressings
- Light Balsamic Dressing
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Red Wine Vinegar or Balsamic Vinegar
- Linguini Positano
- Spaghetti with Pomodoro Sauce
- Whole Grain Spaghetti with Pomodoro Sauce
- Gluten Free Casarecce Pasta with Pomodoro Sauce
- Grilled Asparagus Side(GF)
- Steamed or Sautéed Broccoli(GF)
- Sautéed or Steamed Spinach(GF)
- Grilled Seasonal Vegetables
- Penne Pomodoro
Carrabba’s Vegan FAQ
Is the minestrone soup at Carrabba’s vegan?
No. According to their list of vegan options that came out in November 2019, the Minestrone Soup is vegetarian, not vegan.
Can I eat WFPB (Whole Food Plant Based) at Applebee’s?
Yes! Order the House or Italian Side Salad with Red Wine Vinegar or Balsamic Vinegar, Steamed Broccoli, Steamed Spinach and whole grain spaghetti with no oil or sauce. Ask for a lemon to squeeze over top and one of the vinegars to drizzle. You can also ask if they can make you a sauce that is oil-free. No guarantees but you could ask.
Are any of Carrabba’s soups vegan?
Unfortunately, no. There is still very old information on the internet saying their minestrone soup is vegan. That is not correct. We did not confirm if it used to be but as of 2020, they do not offer any vegan soups.
Does Carrabba’s offer vegan fresh pasta?
No. All of Carrabba’s fresh pastas are made with eggs.
What is the difference between Positano and Pomodoro sauce?
Positano is a light and simple sauce consisting of olive oil, crushed tomatoes, garlic and basil whereas Pomodoro has the same ingredients but the sauce is smooth and cooks for much longer creating an additional depth of flavor.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 140 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: One of my saving graces for navigating being a vegan is I love pasta. Good pasta with a good sauce and I’m happy. The Linguini Positano is fantastic and would be my first choice. I’ve also had the Spaghetti with Pomodoro Sauce and it is excellent is well. Can’t go wrong with either in my opinion.
Jen’s Pick: I am a big fan of a pasta sauce that is smooth and cooked for a long time so my preference is generally the Spaghetti with Pomodoro Sauce and a side of Grilled Asparagus or Sautéed Broccoli.
More Info and Links
- To see Carrabba’s full menu, head over to Carrabba’s Website
- In addition, you can also see Carrabba’s Vegetarian & Vegan Menu Options pdf, here.
- Not quite what you were looking for? VeggL has over 125 Vegan Guides for popular chain restaurants including other Italian locations like Olive Garden and Maggiano’s
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know