The vegan options at Jimmy John’s are not overwhelming, but is enough for you to be able to grab a meal. After A LOT of researching, we concluded that the french bread is vegan. You can load that up with veggies or go with an unwich and wrap your veggies in lettuce. Add in a bag of chips and you’ve got lunch. Maybe not the lunch you were dreaming of (although the french bread at Jimmy John’s is insanely good), but lunch nonetheless. Here’s everything vegan at Jimmy Johns:
Vegan Options at Jimmy John’s
Order either sandwich with one of the 3 breads listed just below or as an unwich
- Gourmet Vegetarian without cheese and mayo
- Vegetarian Unwich without cheese and mayo
- French Bread
- Thick Sliced Wheat
- Alfalfa Sprouts
- Jimmy Peppers (Hot Peppers)
- Lettuce Wrap
- Sliced Cucumber
- Avocado Spread
- Italian Vinaigrette
- Oil & Vinegar
- Jimmy Mustard
- Grey Poupon
- Yellow Mustard
- Regular Jimmy Chips
- Thinny Chips
- Jalapeno Jimmy Chips
- BBQ Jimmy Chips
Jimmy Johns Vegan FAQ
Is Jimmy Johns French bread vegan?
Yes, we consider Jimmy Johns French Bread vegan. On Jimmy Johns allergen menu the french bread is not listed as having any milk or egg ingredients. Honestly, this surprised me as I was researching this page. Jimmy Johns was Jen’s favorite sandwich place and I still remember when she learned that their bread contained milk. I did a little more research and found that other than the fact that the bread is processed in a facility that also processes items containing eggs, their bread is completely vegan-friendly. I wasn’t able to confirm if the bread used to contain milk or not, but if it did, it is no longer the case.
Is the 9-Grain bread at Jimmy Johns vegan?
No. The 9-grain bread contains honey. Ingredients of the 9-grain bread are (blend of wheat, rye, flaxseed, quinoa, millet, oats, barley, amaranth and spelt, along with honey, coconut and molasses)
VeggL Cheat Sheet Guides
Ryan’s Pick: I’ve not had Jimmy John’s since going vegan and what I used to order was very much not vegan. I’ll update here the next time I go back.
Jen’s Pick: Jimmy John’s was my jam back in college. After I went vegan I learned that Jimmy John’s bread contained milk. I was just informed by Ryan that this is no longer the case. Still not super fired up to run out and grab a ‘veggie sub’ with bread and veggies without the mayo and cheese because the “whole thing” is what I loved. I may grab a couple loafs of the French Bread (there bread really is good) and bring it home to create my own.
- If you’d like to check out Jimmy John’s complete menu, head over to their Official Menu Page
- Information is pulled from Jimmy John’s Allergen Information
- Not quite what you were looking for? VeggL has over 115 Cheat Sheets for popular chain restaurants including other sandwich shops like Subway and Which Wich
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know