The vegan options at Freebirds are exceptional! At Freebirds, you can build your own burrito, taco, nachos or salad. Basically all of the chips, tortillas and salad bases are all vegan-friendly.
Then you can add a new plant based chorizo by Abbot’s Butcher or go with the ‘vegetarian’ option to get guacamole included.
All of their beans are vegan (per Freebirds they don’t cook ANYTHING in animal fat – except for the meat of course) and there are plenty of veggie toppings and sauces.
Mexican fast casual chains are typically very easy to order vegan at, and Freebirds is no different!
Freebirds Vegan Options
Freebirds is a build your own burrito, taco, salad, etc fast casual Mexican restaurant. So, we broke down all of the available vegan options in sections in the order that you would build and add to your order. Enjoy!
Pick Your Base
- Burrito. Sizes: half bird, freebird, monster or supermonster. Choose a Flour, Wheat, Cayenne, Spinach Tortilla or a Siete Grain Free Tortilla.
- Tacos. 1 or 2 tacos. Choose Flour or Soft Corn Tortilla
- Nachos. Order with NO queso cheese.
- Salad. Choose Spring Mix or Iceberg. Dressings are listed below.
Or Pick the Low Carb Vegan Bowl … comes with Cauliflower Rice, Plant-Based Chorizo, Black Beans, Salsa, Corn Salsa and Guacamole. You can also customize this.
- Plant Based Chorizo
- Vegetarian (Includes Guacamole)
Rice & Beans
- Cauliflower Rice
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Spanish Rice
- Black Beans
- Pinto Beans
- Refried Beans
Veggies and Toppings
- Diced Jalapeno
- Mixed Lettuce
- Roasted Garlic
- Sautéed Pepper and Onions
- Shredded Lettuce
- White Onion
- Grilled Corn Salsa
- Tortilla Strips
Salsas and Sauces
- Grilled Creamy Jalapeno Salsa
- Death Sauce
- Diced Onions
- Diced Tomatoes
- Habenaro Sauce
- Lime Juice
- Mild Tomatillo Sauce
- Pico De Gallo
- Ancho Dressing
- Tomatillo Dressing
Sides – Chips & Dips
Choose regular, large or a shareable size.
- Tortilla Chips
- Tortilla Chips + Guacamole
- Tortilla Chips + Salsa
- Tortilla Chips + Corn Salsa
- Choose a Weebird Burrito or Bowl … comes with chips and a kids drink.
* As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
Freebirds Vegan FAQ
Are Freebirds Cookies Vegan?
No, unfortunately the cookies at Freebirds are not vegan. They contain both milk and eggs.
Are the Refried Beans at Freebirds Vegan?
The refried beans at Freebirds are vegan. In fact, all three varieties of bean at Freebirds – the black beans, pinto beans and refried beans – are all vegan.
Does Freebirds Still Have Beyond Meat?
As of January 27, 2022, we are no longer seeing Beyond Meat on Freebirds menu. It appears a new Plant Based Chorizo by Abbots Butcher is taking its place.
Is Freebirds Cauliflower Rice Vegan?
Yes! We asked Freebirds directly and their Customer Service Team assured us that, yes, the Cauliflower Rice is vegan.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports, sports venues and now theme parks. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Links and Info
- Looking for Freebirds full menu? Head over to their menu page on their Official Website.
- Information for this guide was received directly from Freebirds representatives.
- Don’t have a Freebirds nearby? VeggL has hundreds of vegan guides, including other popular chain restaurants like Chipotle and Taco Bell.
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!