Have you ever passed by a Auntie Anne’s Pretzel in a mall or the airport, sighed, and thought to yourself, “there’s no chance that place has anything vegan.”? If you have, don’t feel bad, I was doing it for years.
Here’s the thing though – WE WERE WRONG!!!
Auntie Anne’s pretzels are made fresh in store and if you order yours without butter, then you are good to go! (Note: Some locations will not do this for you so be prepared for possible disappointment)
There’s even multiple versions you can get and dips to go with them. So here ya go – everything vegan at Auntie Anne’s:
Vegan Options at Auntie Anne’s
1. Choose Soft Pretzel (the whole pretzel) or Pretzel Nuggets (bites).
2. Order fresh with NO butter. Be prepared for a wait time and be respectful–do not show up just before they close and request this.
- Original – Order fresh with NO butter. Every single pretzel is an original, and freshly baked to raise the standard of snacking. It’s the pretzel that started it all — made from five simple, fresh ingredients. Pick a pretzel up — it’s sure to return the favor!
- Cinnamon Sugar – Order fresh with NO butter. A soft Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel will satisfy any spirit. It’s hot from the oven, sprinkled with fresh cinnamon, sweet sugar and handed right over.
- Sweet Almond – Order fresh with NO butter. This sweet yet salty pretzel is baked fresh and topped with our own toasted almond crunch.
- Raisin – Order fresh with NO butter. A Raisin Pretzel provides a sweet snacking surprise with fresh raisins baked into warm delicious dough. An order of Sweet Glaze Dip is sure to be the icing on your already delicious pretzel.
- Jalapeno – Order fresh with NO butter. The soft Jalapeño Pretzel will spice up your snacking experience. A pretzel topped with delicious jalapeño peppers, hot from the oven, is a refreshingly spicy treat.
- Marinara Sauce
- Sweet Glaze Dip
- Frozen Lemonade
- Original Lemonade
The following drinks appear to be vegan but we have not confirmed if the colors are not made from animal ingredients.
- Blue Raspberry Lemonade Mixer
- Mango Lemonade Mixer
- Strawberry Lemonade Mixer
- Peach Lemonade Mixer
* As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
Auntie Anne’s Vegan FAQ
Is Auntie Anne’s sweet glaze vegan?
Yes! Auntie Anne’s Sweet Glaze dip is vegan. Highly recommend pairing it up with the Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel. The sweet glaze dip is not the only dipping sauce option – the Marinara dip is vegan as well.
Is Auntie Anne’s dairy free?
Yes! Auntie Anne’s has numerous dairy free options. The Original, Cinnamon Sugar, Sweet Almond, Raisin and Jalapeno pretzels are all dairy free AS LONG AS you order your pretzel fresh and request NO butter.
In addition to the pretzels, Auntie Anne’s has two dairy free dipping sauces as well – the Marinara and Sweet Glaze Dips.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: It’s really hard to go wrong with any of the pretzels, but the Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel is amazing. Pair it up with the Sweet Glaze Sauce and it’s an absolute home run.
Jen’s Pick: The Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel is really good but it is a lot of sugar so for less with a hint of sweet are the Sweet Almond Pretzels. I also prefer the bites vs the whole pretzel.
More Links and Info:
- Want to see Auntie Anne’s full menu? Head over to the Auntie Anne’s Official Menu page.
- Not seeing exactly what you wanted? We also have a cheat sheet for Cinnaholic or check out our Restaurant Vegan Guides page that includes over 175 popular Chain Restaurants
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!