The vegan options at Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen isn’t the best, but there are at least a few menu items that you can put together to make a meal (kind of).
Cheddar’s is a scratch kitchen style restaurant with almost 200 locations across 28 states. If you’re not familiar with Cheddar’s, Cracker Barrel is probably the closest equivalent.
If you find yourself at one, we’re guessing you must be with family or friends, cause this is going to be a salad and/or sides type of a situation. Here’s to making the best out of a less-than-ideal situation!
Vegan Options at Cheddar’s
- Chips with Salsa*
- Side House Salad. Order with NO eggs, cheese or croutons
- Steamed Fresh Broccoli. Order with NO butter blend.
- French Fries*
Vegan Dressings and Salsa
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Tomato Tortilla
*Items marked “Shared Fryer” denote that although the item meets our definition of Vegan, the item is deep fried in a shared fryer with non-Vegan foods.
From the Vegan Friendly Menu Items sent to us from Cheddar’s:
Vegan items are made without animal meat or any animal by-products, including honey
Cheddar’s Vegan FAQ
Are Cheddar’s Onion Rings Vegan?
Honestly, this question stumped us for a moment because we couldn’t even find Onion Rings on Cheddar’s menu. Like, at all. So, maybe they used to have Onion Rings and they no longer carry them?
Regardless, they were not included on the vegan friendly menu items we received from Cheddar’s so we’re going to say no.
Are Cheddar’s Croissants Vegan?
No. Cheddar’s croissants are not vegan. They contain both butter and honey.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: We’ve never been to a Cheddar’s, but will update here if we ever do.
Jen’s Pick: What he said… 🙂
More Links and Info:
- Want to see Habit Burger’s full menu? Head over to Cheddar’s Menu Page
- Information pulled directly from a vegan friendly menu (marked valid as of November 2020) that Cheddar’s was nice enough to send us.
- Not seeing exactly what you wanted? We also have vegan guides for over 175 popular chain restaurants, including other locations like Olive Garden and Yard House
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!