Putting every vegan guide together for the 2023 Major League Baseball season has been an undertaking this year. The good news is, there are a lot more vegan options available.
In fact, two of my favorite ballparks, are offering vegan vendors… The Philadelphia Phillies and the Atlanta Braves.
Taking notice of the many vegan vendors available this year made me think putting together a list could be helpful for you. This does not mean that the rest of the ballparks do not offer vegan options–most of them do.
LoVe seeing the progress.
It also makes one of our goals to drive around the country to visit all of the ballparks a bit more enticing. Have you ever done that? We had a friend in college (many years ago) who went on a road trip to visit all of the D-1 college football stadiums. I need to ask him how far he got with that.
But I remember how fun that sounded… visiting new places; gaining new experiences.
Back to our question:
Which MLB Ballparks Have Vegan Vendors for the 2023 season?
I’m talking about a food vendor that offers 100% vegan food. You can walk up to their cart or stand and order anything you want!
…without having to ask all the questions or be a bit nervous about the cross-contamination.
These are going to go in order of ballpark, alphabetically.
If you happen to stop by one of these vegan vendors and notice I can make an update that will be helpful for other vegan baseball fans, please let us know. I will update it here and on their complete vegan guide on VeggL.com.
Speaking of complete vegan guides. Each of the ballparks has a link taking you directly to the Vegan Guide we have created for that specific team. It includes information that we thought would be helpful if we were to go to a game:
- Vegan Options … what they are and where to find them
- The Ballpark’s Policies … should you want to take a bag in or your own food and drinks.
- Vegan-Friendly Restaurants Near The Ballpark … should you want to eat before or after the game.
The 7 Ballparks with Vegan Food Stands/Carts
…home of the Baltimore Orioles.
Birdland Fresh – Section 31
- Impossible Burger
- Vegan Hot Dog
- Beyond Sausage
- Greek Salad
- Greek Yogurt Parfait
…home of the New York Mets.
Vegan City – Section 105
We have been made aware that the buns are NOT vegan at a vendor called, Vegan City. UNREAL. In July 2023, we contacted CitiField to ask for clarification and will update if/when we learn more.
- Vegan City Nachos – Jack Fruit Chili, Vegan Cheese Fondue, Pico de Gallo, Roasted Salsa, Guacamole
- Vegan City Dog – Jack Fruit Chili, Vegan Cheese Fondue
- Beyond Sausage and Peppers – Impossible Italian Sausage, Onions and Peppers, Sausage Roll
- Mushroom Cheesesteak – Mushrooms with Onions, Bell Peppers, Vegan Cheese Fondue, Sausage Roll
- Vegan City Burger – Impossible Patty, Vegan Cheese Fondue, Pico de Gallo
…home of the Philadelphia Phillies.
Greens and Grains – Section 200
Fun fact… we were living in Philly (Roxborough) when we created VeggL in 2018 so this city and the stadiums there have a very special place in our hearts. I have been following Greens and Grains’ social media since then and was so happy to see not only Citizens Bank Park offer a 100% vegan vendor but for this restaurant to be the first to do it there.
- Gyro (pronounced yee-ro) Pita
- Chk’n Parm Pesto Panini.
- Ballpark Veggie Dog
…home of the Boston Red Sox.
Mings Bings – Jersey Street and on the Sam Deck
- Mings Bings … delicious fillings folded inside a brown rice wrapper. Think hot pocket but vegan and gluten-free.
…home of the Texas Rangers.
Visiting Vegan – Behind Section 101
- The PLT Sandwich … a vegan twist on a classic sandwich featuring a balsamic-glazed, grilled portabella mushroom topped with bibb lettuce and sliced tomato. Served on freshly baked vegan bread with vegan mayo.
- Hot Dog
- Chicken Nuggets
Going Going Green – Section 3 (Lower Level)
We have NOT confirmed if this is a 100% vegan vendor but since there is already one vegan vendor at Globe Life, might as well add the other potential one. 😉 If you learn more, please let us know!
- Vegan Burger
- Vegan Hot Dog
- Vegan Nachos
- Vegan Nuggets
- Ice Cream
…home of the Toronto Blue Jays.
Grab & Go Vegan – Sections 109, 207 & 517
- Field Roast Hot Dog
- Vegan Nachos
- Lightlife Burger
- French Fries
…home of the Atlanta Braves.
Slutty Vegan – Section 130
One more fun fact… we now live just outside of Atlanta (just as Truist Park is technically “just outside of Atlanta”) and have been here since the beginning of Slutty Vegan and love their food. Pinky has certainly made a name for herself in hopefully not just the vegan world. Their presence in everything they do makes you want to be a part of it.
- Big Dawg … a plant-based brat with sauerkraut and sauce on a vegan pretzel bun
- Tenderonis … plant-based chicken tenders
- Slutty Fries
Sauces include blackberry mayo and agave mustard.
We thank every one of these ballparks for bringing in vegan vendors and appreciate every sports venue that is at least bringing in another option that isn’t just peanuts or Cracker Jacks.
Please remember that we need to support these vendors! If we want vegan food, we need to show them by showing up.
And as already mentioned in the article, if you find a change or addition I can make to this list or to any of our vegan guides, please let us know.