What I Ate Today | Vegan Keto
It’s been 4 days since I completed my 21 Day Vegan Keto Intermittent Fasting Challenge. As the title says, I’m still eating Vegan Keto(at least for today and the days before). My mind races with meal ideas which means each day varies but here’s a snapshot of what I eat.
I have been focusing on making sure my micronutrients are complete or at least close with enough balance throughout the week by using the app/website Cronometer.
As with ANY recipe you are recreating to achieve a certain macro/micro goal, unless you use the exact ingredients I use, our totals will vary slightly. I do use a lot of Whole Foods/365 products–this is the closest grocery to me with costs comparing to others.
I hope this helps give you ideas & make your meal planning a little easier.
Make the night before or at least an hour prior to eating. You will see I used 2 different non-dairy milks. I have created a habit of doing this to help with completing micronutrients.
Pumpkin Spice Chia Protein Pudding
- 365 Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, 1/2c
- 365 Unsweetened Original Soy Milk, 1/2c
- Vega Essentials Vanilla Protein Powder, 1/2scoop
- Manitobla Hemp Seeds, 3tbsp
- Pumpkin Pie Spice, 1tsp
- Canned Pumpkin(plain! not pumpkin pie filling), 1/4c
- Maple Extract(alcohol free), 1/2tsp ->optional
- Chia Seeds, 1tbsp
- Walnuts, 1.5tbsp
- If you buy raw, toast in a pan over medium heat for 5 minutes. DO NOT BURN
- Sprinkle Sea Salt
Blend all ingredients except for chia seeds, walnuts & sea salt. Pour in to jar or glass. Stir in chia seeds. Put in refrigerator for at least an hour or make the night before. When ready to serve, top with toasted walnuts & sprinkle of sea salt.
Bonus Recipe / Pumpkin Pie Spice
I did not have pre-made Pumpkin Pie Spice on hand so I made my own!
- 4tsp ground cinnamon
- 2tsp round ginger
- 1tsp ground cloves
- 1/2tsp ground nutmeg
Keep in an airtight jar.
Who’s pesto is the besto?! 😉 For these Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms, mine is! …in my opinion and hopefully in yours 🙂
Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms
- Baby Bella or White Whole Mushrooms, 8oz package. <-I used 144g(not the whole package)
- Fresh Basil, 2c
- Lemon Juice, 2tsp
- Bragg’s Nutritional Yeast, 1tbsp
- Garlic Powder, 1/2tsp
- Sea Salt, 1/2tsp
- Olive Oil, 1tbsp
- Pine Nuts, 2tbsp
- Water, 1tbsp
Preheat oven 400 degrees. Blend everything except for mushrooms and water. When blending, if you need more liquid, I added a tbsp. of water. You can add another tbsp. of olive oil as well. My macros today are this exact recipe. With a towel or paper towel, wipe off each mushroom cap & remove stem. DO NOT RINSE IN WATER. Mushrooms absorb water–we do not want an already wet mushroom before stuffing. Stuff each mushroom with pesto. Place on nonstick cookie sheet. I used parchment paper on my nonstick cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
With this meal, I already had the Keto Coleslaw made. I used a recipe I’ve already created and made it keto friendly by switching out the cane sugar for Swerve. I did use a little less Swerve since I wasn’t too sure what the taste was going to be and only used red cabbage. My thought was I need to be attempting to eat the rainbow a bit more.
The Burger I chose is from a company called, The Meatless Farm Co. First time trying it. The package comes with 2 burgers and are the same price as Beyond Meat Burgers. To put it as nicely as possible, I am NOT a fan. It basically is a burger that you 150% need to season. It does say on the packaging to season with salt & pepper but even with doing that and adding BBQ sauce, I did not exactly enjoy it. 🙁 …I still have one more to eat.
Vegan Burger with Keto Coleslaw & Broccoli
- The Meatless Farm Co., 1burger
- Keto Coleslaw, 1 serving
- Red Cabbage chopped, 457g
- Hellman’s Vegan Mayo, 3tbsp
- Apple Cider Vinegar, 1tbsp
- Swerve Granular, 1tbsp
- Sea Salt, 1/2tsp
- Makes 4 servings–When using fresh(not packaged) cabbage, I prepare coleslaw at least 4 hours before serving but prefer the day before.
- Broccoli, 1c
- Earth Balance Organic Butter, 1tbsp
- used to cook burger & sauté broccoli–I used the same pan
- G. Hughes Sugar Free Original BBQ Sauce, 1tbsp
- gimMe Teriyaki Roasted Seaweed, 1 package(5g)
Calories 1238 | Fat 87.2G | Net Carbs 28.7G | Protein 71G
Every micronutrient is covered!
I’ve been in this “feel good fest” since starting eating this way & I’m loving it!