The vegan options at Disney’s California Adventure Park (like most Disney theme parks) have been surprisingly hard to come by. For many of the Disney parks we were able to put together a good amount of the vegan options available in the park through a bit of research.
However, with California Adventure Park we’ve researched their website, emailed, called and even live chatted.
Finally, after a phone call with a Disney Cast Member who basically polled her nearby vegan Cast Members (all employees at Disney are Cast Members) for suggestions, we’ve been able to put together this guide. We hope it can come in helpful!
California Adventure Park Vegan Options
One note that can be extremely helpful if you’re looking through menus yourself. Any items labeled ‘Plant-Based’ are free of meat, dairy, eggs and honey. They use the term ‘Plant-Based’ instead of vegan because of potential cross-contamination.
Award Wieners (Hollywood Land)
- Plant Based Philly Dog
Carthay Circle (Buena Vista Street)
Both of these options are off-menu Spring 2022 Vegan Options
- Butternut Squash Ravioli
- Potato Gnocchi
Cocina Cucamonga (Pacific Wharf)
- Tacos Dorados de Papa
Fairfax Market (Hollywood Land)
Fairfax Market has an assorted selection of vegan-friendly snacks like fruit, veggies, chips and hummus. Check with labels and/or staff to confirm which options are vegan.
Very similar to Fairfax Market. Assorted selection of fruit and veggies.
Lamplight Lounge (Pixar Pier)
- Potato Flautas* – Plant Based Chorizo, Dairy Free Piquillo Crema, Serrano-Tomatillo Salsa, Arugula Salad and Escabeche.
- Pastrami Spiced Impossible Burger – Seasoned Patty, Dairy-free American Cheese, Pastrami-spiced Pineapple, House-made Pickles and Mustard Aioli on Toasted Focaccia (Aioli is made with vegan mayo)
- Vegan Nachos – Housemade Chips, Vegan Cheese, Beans, Sauteed Onions, Bell Peppers and Jalapenos (This is an off-menu version of the Lobster Nachos)
Pym Test Kitchen (Avengers Campus)
- Impossible Quantum Garden Breakfast* – Plant-based Folded Omelet with Impossible Breakfast Sausage, crispy Potato bites and Focaccia Toast.
- Impossible Spoonful* – Rigatoni and Ditalini Pastas, Plant-based Meatballs, Tomato Sauce, Dairy-free Parmesan and Micro Basil
Wine Country Trattoria
No specific vegan options on the menu, but we were told this location is able to accommodate vegan requests.
California Adventure Park Vegan FAQ
Can I Bring My Own Food Into California Adventure Park?
We were told by a member of Disney’s staff that snacks are okay, but prepared meals are not.
Their official statement on their FAQ regarding bringing outside food and beverages into California Adventure Park is:
Guests are allowed to bring outside food and nonalcoholic beverages into the parks for self-consumption, provided they are not in glass containers, do not require heating, reheating, processing or refrigeration and do not have pungent odors. Inform a Security Cast Member of any food items when you enter the park.
You may also enjoy your own food and nonalcoholic beverages in an ideal setting at the complimentary picnic area—conveniently located outside the Main Entrance to Disneyland Park.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports, sports venues and now theme parks. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Links and Info
- To see all the dining options available at Disney’s Adventure Park, head over to their Dining Page
- Information for this guide was given to us by Disney’s Staff.
- Do you love amusement parks as much as we do? Then you’re in luck! VeggL has vegan guides for over a dozen theme parks including LEGOLAND California and Disneyland.
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!