I moved to the north Marietta, Georgia area mid-February and immediately fell in love with the downtown Marietta Square; the Saturday Farmers Market, the Friday Art Walk(1st Friday of each month), the Artisan Market(2nd & 4th Saturday of each month) and the Marietta Square Market!
The Marietta Square Market is the newest addition to the downtown area and sits right across the railroad tracks.
I had just moved from Philadelphia. If you’ve been there, lived there or are going to visit, you have been to or have to stop at Reading Terminal Market. It is one of America’s largest and oldest public markets having been there since 1893. Basically the Marietta Square Market is a micro-mini version of Reading.
Inside feels like fancy food court. They open the doors at 7–only a couple vendors are open this early but it’s a nice place to work or grab a coffee. Lunch time is buzzing and dinner is a sight with all the people. You have alcoholic drinks available at 2 locations–Forno Vero & Street Taco. You can sit inside or outside. I have now been at all different times of the day and it really is incredible to see.
As a Vegan, of course we’re always having to ask the question, Does Anyone Have Vegan Options?
So let’s get started!
I’m going to enter in to the building on the right side and list merchants with Vegan Options heading to the back, around, then up to the front of the building, ending at the coffee shop.
As always, if a restaurant is not 100% Vegan, there is a risk of cross-contamination.
Tiny Bubbles Tea Bar
- Creamy Bubble Tea. Advise Vegan. Choose Almond or Coconut Milk. Pick your Pearl from Vegan Pearls List below.
- Coconut Brown Sugar
- Clear Bubble Tea. Advise Vegan. Pick your Pearl from Vegan Pearls List below.
- Flower Powder
- Razzle Berry
- Vegan Pearls
- Green Apple
- Coffee Jellies
- Hot/Iced Tea. Ask for Vegan Sugar or Unsweetened.
- Ask for Loose Leaf Tea Menu
- Hot/Iced Vietnamese Coffee. Advise Vegan. Choose Almond or Coconut Milk
- Vegan Cupcakes. Rotating Flavors
You have the option to order from the bar(the front area) or the side. I asked the side area twice what vegan options they have and was given a not complete or sure answer. When I asked the bar, I happened to speak with Chef Hymee. He was awesome! If it’s possible to ask for him, try. He created us unique pizzas that were not on the menu and gave me these options.
- Marinara Wood Fired Pizza
- Contadino Wood Fired Pizza. Advise NO ricotta or mozzarella
- Tricolore Salad. Advise NO cheese
- Mista Salad. Advise NO cheese
- Crostini. Advise NO ricotta
Confirmed vegan beer & wine list–others offered may be vegan; I did not get confirmation before this article was posted. I will keep it updated as I hear back from breweries. Also, double check with FornoVero that the option you want IS available. Most of the wines were NOT vegan–3 listed at the bottom.
- Miller Lite
- Michelob Ultra
- Stella Artois
- Peroni Nastro Azzuro
- Blue Moon Belgian White
- Reformation Stark Porter
- Hi Wire Brown Ale
- Wild Heaven White Blackbird
- Line Creek First Crush
- Southbound Scattered Sun
- Red Hare Long Day Lager
- Creature Comforts, Tropicalia
- Ballast Point Sculpin
- Sweetwater 420
- Kronenbourg Blanc
- Hahn Estate Chardonnay
- Elouan Pinot Noir
- Josh Cellars Cabernet
Shai Karr Eatery
- Spring Roll
- Seaweed Salad
- House Salad
- House Fried Rice. Advise NO egg. Sub meat with extra veggies
- Noodle Green Curry
- Cucumber Roll
- Avocado Roll
- Avocado & Cucumber Roll
- Pick Your Base
- Steamed Rice
- Vegetable Rice
- Sushi Rice
- Crispy Tofu
- Spring Mix
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Seaweed Salad
- Bean Sprouts
- Pickled Radish
- Spicy Radish
- Pickled Cucumber
- Green Onion
- Red Onion
- Pickled Ginger
- Spicy Korean
- Sprinkle with Sesame Seeds
Pita Mediterranean Street Food
I was told the rice is vegan by the manager but have been notified it might be cooked with chicken stock. Also, the gluten free pita is NOT vegan. Double check when ordering, on these items, until we have an opportunity to re-check with them.
- Falafel Pita, Platter, Rice Bowl(GF)-please see above or Salad(GF).
- Veggie Bowl
- Greek Salad. Advise NO cheese
- Quinoa Tabouli(GF)
- Mezza Spreads
- Traditional Hummus
- Fresh Cilantro Hummus
- Spicy Sriracha Hummus
- Baba Ghanoush
- Greek Fries. Advise NO cheese
*Other Pita locations’ falafels share a fryer with the fried chicken. The Marietta SQ location does not carry chicken so we’re good! 🙂
Every Tuesday you can get a Falafel & Veggie Pita for $5.55 & Wednesday’s are $5.55 for any Rice Bowl
- Tofu Asada on Flour Taco. Advise NO honey-lime vinaigrette. Ask for a salsa.
*All beans are made with animal ingredients.
I did stop in twice asking questions & both times I got wishy washy answers except that the beans are in fact cooked with animal products–not sure I would completely trust it here. Your call.
Lucky’s Burger & Brew
- Mediterranean Hummus with Carrot & Celery. Advise NO feta. I did not get confirmation if flat bread is vegan
- Impossible Burger on lettuce wrap with mustard and/or guacamole
- Sweet Potato Fries. Advise NO blue cheese sauce
- Tater Tots
- French Fries
*Fries are in their own fryer. Confirmed no buns are vegan
Four Fat Cows Ice Cream
- Mango Sorbet
- Strawberry Sorbet
- Lemon Sorbet
- Tangerine Sorbet
- Dairy Free Vanilla
- Dairy Free Chocolate
- Cake Cone
- Sugar Cone
- Vegan Milkshakes using Almond Milk
- Ginger Beer & Mango Sorbet Float
Bread + Butter Café
- Coffee; Drip, Espresso, Americano, Iced, Latte
- Non-Dairy Milks for Coffee/Lattes
- Flavors (made in house)
- Brown Sugar Cinnamon
- Loose Leaf Teas, varied
- Veggie Wrap
- Hummus with Crackers & Carrots
- Buzz Bars
- citrus berry drop
- majestic mango
- King of Pops
- All flavors vegan EXCEPT for any that say “N’ Cream” or the Banana Pudding (contain milk)
- Revolution Gelato (ALL flavors Vegan)
- Nectar products are ‘Ready to blend’ smoothies. This product you can purchase here then take home.
- Jarred Pickles
*Per Mariam, Bread + Butter’s director of awesomeness, they WILL be getting in more vegan options!
If you visit and are made aware that an item I have listed has changed and is no longer vegan or that I am missing options, please send me a quick email telling me which vendor’s information is incorrect and I will look in to it further. Jen@VeggL.com