If you are looking for vegan options at the High Water Music Festival in Charleston, South Carolina, we can help you out! This festival is being held April 15-16, 2023 at the Riverfront Park.
To start off I have to say I am pleasantly surprised by what they are offering. Just about every food vendor is offering a vegan menu item.
They do have them labeled as vegan so that is good news for you but it’s going to get crowded and this quick guide may make it a whole lot easier for you to plan.
Where Can I Find The Food Vendors?
When inside the festival, you will see an area called, The Refuge. It sits just left of the Edisto Stage. Just past the Refuge is where you will find the food vendors. There is also a nicely shaded area with picnic tables towards the back as well.
If you are looking at The Refuge “awning,” I’m going to start my list as you walk inside to the left then circle back around.
Please know, there are food trucks that may have options I do not have information on. What I’m giving you is what is available at the vendor booths.
What Vegan Options Are Available?
- Island Noodles
- Vegan Donuts
- Side of Jojo’s … deep fried potato wedges
- Kimichi Jojo’s. Order with NO gang-gang sauce … comes with a large order of Jojo’s topped with vegan kimchi and sesame seeds.
- Pineapple Express … pineapple juice infused with ginger served over ice.
- Hibiscus Cooler … perfect summertime drink featuring hibiscus lightly sweetened served over ice.
- Liquid Larry … water infused with cucumber + lime served over ice
- Quinoa Get a What What Salad (gf) Order the vegan version! … comes with kale, romaine, quinoa, roasted red peppers, cucumber, kalamata olives and balsamic vinaigrette.
- Hummus with Veggies
- Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
- Basket of Tots
- Fresh Squeezed Limeade
These two items are labeled vegan but we suggest verifying it is all animal free prior to ordering.
- Falafel with Homemade Hummus, Tzatziki and Lettuce. We suggest verifying the tzatziki is vegan prior to ordering.
- Loaded Fries. Again, we suggest verifying all items on the loaded fries are animal-free prior to ordering.
- Orange Cauliflower Bowl … comes with breaded cauliflower, orange sauce, sesame seeds, green onion, rice and shaved cabbage. They have packets of soy sauce. The orange sauce on the cauliflower is very flavorful but the cabbage is dry. Either mix everything together well or add some soy sauce.
- Veggie Spring Rolls.
- 10″ Cheese Pizza. Order with Vegan Cheese.
- Garlic N Shroom. Order with Vegan Cheese … comes with tomato sauce, vegan mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, mushrooms and minced garlic.
Smash City Burgers
- The Jodie Foster … served with Fries. We have no idea what kind of burger it is or what is on it.
- Funky Farmer … comes with green coconut curried veggies, pickled onions, salsa verde and arugula
- Vegan Fries … comes with salsa verde, fire roasted cauliflower, mushrooms and onions
Ben & Jerry’s Truck
There is a Ben & Jerry’s truck but we have not confirmed if they brought their non-dairy options with them. Definitely worth stopping by and asking.
To Round It Up…
You very well may find more vegan food at the other food trucks but these are the options I was able to gather. It is going to be 80 degrees so don’t forget your vegan sunscreen and make sure to drink plenty of water. I did see a couple of water stations for you to fill up for free if you prefer to do that.
Happy Festival’ing in Charleston this weekend!