Creamy. Spicy. Vegan Frank’s Buffalo Dip Goodness! If you are a buffalo sauce fan, you are going to LOvE this dip and it is perfect for your next party or gameday.
In the past,
I would make it with Daiya Shreds but recently have wanted to make it a little healthier. How do I replace the richness the shreds would give?
White miso has been an ingredient I have been adding in to cheese sauces a lot now to give a salty, umami, rich taste. Soon, I will be posting my newest cheese sauce creation–I just need to name it first. 😉
Do not be intimidated
by the ingredients list. I promise you, this recipe is easy peazy to create AND can be prepped the night before!
- Soak your cashews OR do our Quick Soak Method
- Add all ingredients except the chickpeas and chives in to a blender & blend until creamy.
- In a bowl, lightly mash chickpeas.
- Add buffalo sauce. Mix well.
- Fold in 1tbsp chives.
- Pour in baking dish & bake.
- Let cool. Top with 1tsp chives.
- DIG IN!
Vegan Frank's Buffalo Dip
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1 can white beans, 15oz
- 3/4 cup Frank's Red Hot sauce
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp white miso
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 can garbanzo beans, 15oz
- 1tbsp + 1tsp chives, chopped
- Soak cashews overnight -OR- do a QUICK SOAK METHOD: In a small pot, bring water and cashews to a boil with a lid. Turn the stove off and let sit for at least 10 minutes. If using a high speed blender, 10 minutes is sufficient–if not, then let sit for closer to 20 minutes.
- While cashews are soaking, drain and rinse your white beans then add to blender. Add all the other ingredients except for the garbanzo beans. Once the cashews are done soaking, drain & rinse well. Add to blender. Blend as smooth as you can get it.
- In a medium bowl, add the drained & rinsed chickpeas. Slightly mash. I like the consistency of some texture but not whole chickpeas.
- Add the buffalo sauce. Mix well. Fold in 1tbsp of the chopped chives
- Pour in to a square baking dish. 8×8 or 9×9
- Cover the dish tightly with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover, bake for another 10 minutes.
What did we do with the Vegan Frank’s Buffalo Dip?
We served it with tortilla chips and carrots at our UFC Fight Night party with vegan sliders, guacamole, French onion dip and chips.
What can you do with the dip?
Serve it with:
- Tortilla Chips
- Mini Bell Peppers
- Toasted Baguette, or
- Chopped spinach mixed in
As a part of an epic Buffalo Nacho Platter with:
- shredded lettuce
- vegan sour cream
- vegan bacon
- finely chopped celery
- green onions
On top of vegan burger with vegan American/cheddar cheese and lettuce
As a layer in lasagna, in pasta shells or rolled lasagna with a vegan white cheese sauce or béchamel with spinach.
Obviously the most common is just as a dip with veggies and chips but get creative if you want!
Equipment we used:
- Vitamix Blender
- Cookware to do our Quick Soak Method
- Can Opener
- 9×9 Baking Dish… and how cute is the blue? Also comes in red granite! I love a pop of color.
- Fine Mesh Strainers… I use my fine mesh strainers much more than I do my large one–a staple in my kitchen.
When you make your buffalo dip, don’t forget to tag us on Instagram. We’ll share your pics!