The vegan options at Caesars Superdome, home of the New Orleans Saints, are very bare for the 2023 season. We have contacted the stadium to ask for more information and will update if/when we hear back.
Maybe you’re questioning if you can bring your own food in. We have the stadium’s food, drink and bag policies listed below.
We also have three suggestions for vegan-friendly restaurants where you can grab some food before or after the game… or both! This may be your best option since there aren’t options in the stadium.
Vegan Options at Caesars Superdome (New Orleans Saints)
- Chips. Check ingredients.
- Candy. Check ingredients.
We read thru every concession menu on the stadium’s website with no luck… There is a Beyond Burger at Bienville Burgers (Section 227). We have yet to confirm if it is vegan. Please ask prior to ordering.
If you learn about more vegan options or notice any changes that need to be made to this guide, please let us know!
Can I Bring Food Into Caesars Superdome?
Sometimes it seems like it’s easier to just bring your own food to events. If you’re thinking of doing this at Caesars Superdome, here are a few policies at the stadium that you need to be aware of.
We pulled these directly from the Caesars Superdome A-Z Guide.
Bag Policy (as of 8.25.23)
The New Orleans Saints strongly encourage fans to not bring any type of bag. Fans will be able to carry the following style and size bag, package, or container into the Caesars Superdome:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12.”
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Small clutch bags, 6.5″ x 4.5″, with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose
Food & Beverage (as of 8.25.23)
- Outside food and drink
- Containers of any kind
Vegan Options Near Caesars Superdome
We always like making getting a bite to eat before or after the game part of our gameday ritual. We figure we can’t be the only ones that do this, so we’re going to suggest a couple of good vegan-friendly spots close to the stadium to try.
Always check the restaurant’s days/hours open when making your plans.
I-tal Garden is a 100% vegan Louisianna comfort food restaurant serving breakfast, lunch & dinner.
You will find crab cakes, avocado fries, cajun oyster bites, cajun pasta, coconut curry with black-eyed peas with greens… sooo much New Orleans vegan goodness! And just over a mile from the stadium. Definitely look at their hours before visiting though.
The Daily Beet
A 1/2 mile from the stadium is a lovely cafe with vegan options on the lighter side. Cold-pressed juices, smoothies, avocado toast, an Indian curry, a rainbow bowl and Thai peanut salad are all options.
Less than a mile from the stadium is one of our favorite omni chain restaurants with vegan options. Their Spinach & Mushroom Pizza and Vegan Double Cheeseburger are so good! But check their menu for changes because they do rotate it seasonally. The vegan options do seem to stay pretty consistent though. Check our vegan guide for more information.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports, sports venues and theme parks. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Links and Info
- If you need more info on Caesars Superdome, for everything from tickets to parking, then make sure to check out their Official Website
- VeggL contains hundreds of vegan guides for popular chain restaurants, airports and sporting venues including other New Orleans locations like the Louis Armstrong Airport and Smoothie King Center (New Orleans Pelicans).
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up-to-date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!