We have been working to get the vegan options for Lucas Oil Stadium for the 2021 season. While we haven’t given up, our attempts to reach out to the stadium have not had much success yet. What we do have in this guide, though, is items that have been available at Colts’ games in the past.
We also looked up the policies that may effect you trying to bring food into the stadium to save you the trouble of trying to find those yourself. Finally, we researched around the stadium to find a couple good vegan-friendly spots close by.
If you know something we don’t, please reach out and let us know so we can make this guide better!
Vegan Options at Lucas Oil Stadium
We want to reemphasize, these are vegan options that have been offered at the stadium for past seasons. We have yet to confirm if these options are still available and/or whether they are still vegan. Please be sure to check with your server to confirm.
- Potato Chips
Blue Cantina (Sections 129 & 402)
- Veggie Taco
Can I Bring Food Into Lucas Oil Stadium?
If you are thinking about bringing your own food to the stadium, here are a few policies at Lucas Oil Stadium that you will want to be familiar with. These were all pulled from the Colts’ Gameday A to Z Guide.
Bag Policy (as of 9/13/21)
The NFL strongly encourages fans to not bring any type of bags, but fans will be able to carry the following style and size bag, package, or container at stadium plaza areas, stadium gates, or when approaching queue lines of fans awaiting entry into the stadium:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12.” (Official NFL team logo clear plastic tote bags will be available through club merchandise outlets or at nflshop.com), or
- No buckles, grommets/hardware or décor can be concealing any part of the bag. The bag literally must be all clear.
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziplock bag or similar).
- Logo can only be on one side of the bag.
- Small clutch bags, which cannot exceed 4.5″ x 6.5″ in size, with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the stadium with one of the clear plastic bags.
Bottles and Cans (as of 9/13/21)
- Bottles and cans of any kind are prohibited from being brought into the stadium.
Coolers and Hard-Side Containers (as of 9/13/21)
- Coolers and hard-sided containers are prohibited at Lucas Oil Stadium.
Outside Food and Beverage (as of 9/13/21)
- Outside food and beverage is not permitted inside Lucas Oil Stadium. If you attempt to bring food and beverage inside the stadium you will be asked to dispose of it.
Vegan Options Near Lucas Oil Stadium
Finding a good place to get a bite to eat before or after the game is always part of our gameday experience. We did the same ‘due diligence’ we would do for ourselves, looking close by the stadium to find a couple good vegan-friendly spots. This is by no means a complete list of vegan restaurants in the area, just two that caught our attention.
Three Carrots Fountain Square
We’ve looked through hundreds (maybe thousands) of Google reviews over the past couple years and we’ve found that it’s really hard to maintain a score over 4.5. But, that’s just what Three Carrots has done with a 4.6 rating over the course of almost a thousand reviews.
They’re located about a mile and a half east of the stadium and they serve everything from their vegan versions of American staples like BBQ and mac n cheese to Banh Mi Bowls. Everyone seems to rave over the seitan which is featured in a few dishes so keep that on your radar if you get a chance to check out Three Carrots.
Yard House isn’t what you’d normally expect as a vegan-friendly recommendation, but here is why we like to recommend Yard House’s on our Stadium Guides.
First, like many Yard House’s this one is basically walking distance to and from the stadium (about a half mile away). Second, they have a really good selection of vegan options on their menu. Third, Yard House is a very popular sports bar that is easy to get non-vegan friends and family on board with on game day. Win. Win. Win.
Our Yard House Vegan Guide will show you how to order everything vegan at Yard House.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 200 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Links and Info
- If you’d like to get more info on Lucas Oil Stadium for Colts’ home games, head over to their Official Stadium Page
- VeggL has hundreds of vegan guides for popular chain restaurants, airports and stadiums including other NFL stadiums like Lambeau Field (Green Bay Packers) and Arrowhead Stadium (Kansas City Chiefs)
- Disclaimer: We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is as accurate as possible and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change that we need to know about, let us know. VeggL is not responsible for out of date or incorrect information.