What the vegan options at Heinz Field lack in quantity, it appears they make up for in quality. No, there isn’t a plethora of available options that you might find at some stadiums, but with quinoa tacos and a grilled mushroom sandwich, you won’t be stuck eating chips and salsa either.
Heinz Field also has a friendly policy when it comes to bringing in your own food which we outline in complete detail down below. Finally, we took a look around the stadium to find a couple vegan-friendly locations you can check out before or after the game.
If you know something we don’t that can make this guide better, please reach out and let us know!
Vegan Options at Heinz Field
We were told by Heinz Field Guest Services that Aramark, the concessionaire for the stadium, lists the following items as vegan:
- Fries (we recommend checking to see if fries share a fryer if you are concerned with cross-contamination)
- Quinoa Tacos (tri-color quinoa topped with tomato, spiced garbanzo beans, queso fresco*, black olives and cilantro cream*) – Order with NO queso fresco and NO cilantro cream
Los Rios Tacos
- Grilled Mushroom Sandwich – Order WITHOUT cheese
Can I Bring Food Into Heinz Field?
Thinking about bringing your own food into Heinz Field for the game? Here are some policies at the stadium that you’ll want to be aware of. We pulled these directly from the Heinz Field A to Z Guide.
Container Policy (as of 9/17/21)
Factory sealed, non-alcoholic, plastic containers, 24 oz. or less, are permitted into Heinz Field.
For the safety of all Guests, all other bottles, cans, coolers, thermoses, flasks, or type of container deemed to be potentially harmful in any way are not permitted in Heinz Field.
Security (as of 9/17/21)
Guests are WELCOME to carry-in the following items*:
- Clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bags smaller than 12” x 6” x 12”
- Non-clear, small purses/handbags (clutch-type bags) that are 4.5” x 6.5” or less in size
- Food of any kind that is contained in clear plastic bag
- Factory-sealed, plastic bottles of water or soft drinks 24 oz. or less in size
Guests are NOT PERMITTED to carry-in the following items:
- Any type of non-clear bag exceeding 4.5” x 6.5” in size, including purses, handbags, camera or binocular cases, backpacks, fanny packs, diaper bags, briefcases, luggage and computer bags.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Cans, coolers of any type, glass bottles or thermoses
*This is not all the items listed on the Steelers A to Z Guide. We only chose to list the items that we felt were relevant to bringing in food and/or beverages.
Vegan Options Near Heinz Field
We always like to grab a bite to eat after the game as part of the gameday experience. We research the area close to the stadium to find some good vegan-friendly spots and we’re sharing what we found with Heinz Field here. This is by no means a complete list of all the options, just a few locations that caught our attention.
We struggled to find vegan restaurants really close to the park, but we did find the B52 Cafe located just 4 miles up the river. They are a chic bistro setup serving Mediterranean-American fusion food.
We’ve not been here ourselves, but people rave about the seitan and the shwarma. It’s definitely a spot we’re looking forward to checking out next time we’re in the Pittsburgh area.
While the Onion Maiden isn’t necessarily close to PNC Park (about 5 miles south of the stadium), we couldn’t resist adding it here. I mean, a punk rock-themed, plant-based restaurant with a name inspired by a legendary rock band. Yes, please!
There’s something on the menu for everyone, from donuts to corn dogs to tacos, and from the reviews it seems all of it is good!
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 200 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Links and Info
- If you’d like more info regarding Heinz Field, be sure to go check out their Official Website
- VeggL has hundreds of vegan guides for popular chain restaurants, airports and stadiums including other nearby stadiums like PNC Park (Pittsburgh Pirates) and Lincoln Financial Field (Philadelphia Eagles)
- Disclaimer: We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is as accurate as possible and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change that we need to know about, let us know. VeggL is not responsible for out of date or incorrect information.