If you’re looking for vegan options at Footprint Center, home of the Phoenix Suns, you are in the best place you can be at the moment. Unfortunately, we still have all the options for the 2021 season and have contacted their guest services multiple times with no additional information provided.
We have; however, reached back out again in May of 2023 and will update if/when we learn more.
In addition to the vegan options inside the arena, we have the policies you need to know if you’re thinking about just bringing your own food to Footprint Center.
We also have two suggestions for a couple of amazing vegan-friendly locations where you can stop and grab a bite to eat before or after the game.
Vegan Options at Footprint Center
The following were the options from the 2021 season. We have contacted the venue for 2023 with no response yet. And at the time of this update, the link on their website to concessions is broke so no info on there either.
If you happen to go and learn more, please let us know!
Lower Level Concessions & Grab ‘n Go’s
Benihana’s (Main Concourse near Section 121)
- Sushi* (Avocado Roll*?)
Benihana will also do a Rice Bowl Version of the Avocado Roll for the price of a Hibachi Bowl upon request.
*We were told the ‘Sushi’ at Benihana was vegan, but we believe it is specifically the Avocado Roll. We are working to confirm.
- Build Your Own Salad
Can I Bring Food Into Footprint Center?
Sometimes it just feels easier to bring your own food to an event. But, before you try to bring your own food into Footprint Center for a Suns game or a concert, make sure you’re aware of the following policies.
We pulled these directly from the Footprint Center’s A to Z Guide.
Bag Policy (as of 5.30.23)
- Standard backpacks are not permitted inside the arena.
- Single-compartment drawstring bags, purses and diaper bags that have the appearance of a standard backpack and media backpacks are allowed as long as they meet the NBA bag-size requirements of 14” x 14” x 6”.
- Upon entry, any bags within the required size limits are required to be screened through our X-ray technology machines.
Due to some concerts/events having different item restrictions, please contact the arena for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prohibited Items* (as of 5.30.23)
- Bottles, cans & coolers *sealed water bottles permitted but may be prohibited for select events. Children items such as baby bottles, formula, etc. will be allowed
- Outside food and beverages
*This is not a complete list of all the prohibited items at Footprint Center. The items we listed here are the ones we felt were relevant to being able to bring food and/or beverages into the arena.
Vegan Options Near Footprint Center
One of our favorite parts of the gameday experience is stopping for a bite to eat either on our way to or from the game (and sometimes both!) If you’re like us, you’re always on the lookout for good vegan-friendly spots close to the arena.
Here is a couple that stood out to us when we looked nearby the Footprint Center.
Located just a half mile from Chase Field is the Vegan House. Vegan House specializes in Asian food and sandwiches made from local sources.
People rave about their Pad Thai and Orange (Vegan) Chicken so keep that in mind if you stop by for a visit.
Green New American Vegetarian
While the name says vegetarian, from what we can tell this place serves up 100% plant based dishes. Green New American Vegetarian is a little further from the stadium, but still only a couple miles away.
With over 2,000 Google Reviews, this place has one of the highest ratings we’ve come across when researching vegan spots near stadiums across the country! Green New American Vegetarian is definitely on our short list of places we want to check out ourselves!
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports, sports venues and theme parks. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Links and Info
- If you need more info on the Footprint Center, for everything from tickets to parking, make sure to head over to their Official Website
- VeggL contains hundreds of vegan guides for popular chain restaurants, airports and sports venues including nearby locations like Chase Field (Arizona Diamondbacks) and State Farm Stadium (Arizona Cardinals).
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!