While the vegan options at Ball Arena may not be the best, there’s a good chance you can bring your food despite there being an official ‘no outside food/beverage’ policy.
When I reached out to Ball Arena Guest Relations, I got a quick response by one of their managers that although there are only a few vegan options at the arena (see below), that I could request a dietary needs form letter “to allow you admittance with your own personal sized food items”.
All I need to do was contact them and let them know what event I would be attending. Would it be cooler if there was a bunch of great vegan options already available and that wasn’t necessary? Sure. But, it does allow you a little more flexibility.
In addition to the vegan options inside Ball Arena, we also looked at the policies that will effect you bringing your food into the arena. Finally, we looked around the area close to the stadium to offer a few recommendations for highly rated vegan-friendly spots nearby.
If you know something we don’t, please reach out to us and let us know so that we can improve this guide! (This includes pics of those garlic tots inside the arena!)
Vegan Options at Ball Arena
Sections 148 and 330
- Garlic Tots
- Plain Tots
We also came across this little nugget (see what we did there) of information on the Ball Arena website. Thought it could come in handy to know so we’re passing it along here:
Ball Arena offers various concessions locations that provide gluten-friendly and vegetarian options. Guests can visit any Guest Relations Kiosk for food guides, ingredient lists, and information regarding concessions locations that accommodate food allergies and other dietary needs.
Can I Bring Food Into Ball Arena?
Sometimes it just feels like it’s easier to just bring your own food. But, if you’re planning on bringing your own food to the arena, then here are some policies at Ball Arena that you should be aware of. We pulled these directly from Ball Arena’s Policies and FAQ Guide.
Note: In case you’re skimming through this guide, we wanted to re-iterate that although the official policy is that outside food and beverages are not allowed, you can reach out to guest relations ([email protected]) and request a dietary needs letter for your event.
Bag Policy (as of 9/24/21)
- Purses, cinch bags, and sling bags 10in. x 6in. x 4in. or smaller are allowed inside Ball Arena.
- All permitted bags are subject to visual or x-ray screening upon entry.
- Backpacks and oversized bags are NOT permitted.
- Medical and diaper bags 14″x14″x6″ or smaller are permitted. All guests entering with medical or diaper bags are subject to x-ray screening upon entry.
- There is no bag check available at Ball Arena. Guests will not be allowed to enter with an unapproved or oversized bag.
Prohibited Items* (as of 9/24/21)
- Glass containers
- Hard case containers (coolers, briefcases, etc.)
- Sealed bottles of water (empty water bottle without the lid may be brought inside)
- Outside food/beverages
*This is not the complete list of all prohibited items at Ball Arena, just a few that we felt were relevant to bringing food and/or beverages into the arena.
Vegan Options Near Ball Arena
We took a look around the area close to the arena to try to find a couple good vegan-friendly locations. This info can come in handy if you’re wanting to grab a bite to eat before or after the game. This is by no means a complete list of all the options, just a couple spots that caught our eye.
City O’ City
It’s not often that you find a local vegan-friendly restaurant with over 4,000 Google reviews (and a 4.5 rating!), but that’s exactly what we found with City O’ City. Located just a mile and a half southeast of the arena, this is a vegetarian restaurant with plenty of (clearly marked) vegan options on the menu.
The Chicken and Waffles is a bourbon-brined chicken-fried cauliflower and it is one of the stars of the show at City O’ City. Definitely worth checking out!
For something a little closer to the arena, consider the Superfood Bar. It’s only a little over a half-mile northwest of the arena. Superfood Bar is a raw food spots serving salads, juices and smoothies.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 200 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Info and Links
- For more info on Ball Arena, from games to concerts, please check out their Official Website
- VeggL contains hundreds of vegan guides for popular chain restaurants, airports and sporting venues…
- Disclaimer: We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is as accurate as possible and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change that we need to know about, let us know. VeggL is not responsible for out of date or incorrect information.