After multiple attempts to connect with American Airlines Center over the past few years, we have finally received a vegan menu for their general concessions!
And the good news is, they have just enough options to choose from.
We also have all the specific arena policies that you’ll want to know if you want to bring your own food to the game (or concert!). We even picked out a couple of vegan-friendly places close to the arena that are worth checking out before or after the game.
Vegan Options at American Airlines Center
Modelo Gold Lion Bar & Grill (Section 103)
- Vegan Burger … comes with hamburger bun, plant-based patty, lettuce, tomato and house-made pickle.
- Vegan Hot Dog (Brat) … comes with hot dog bun, vegan brat and spicy mustard.
El Taco Tex (Sections 105 & 117)
- Vegan Nachos … comes with tortilla chips, vegan cheese sauce, plant-baed meat, pico de gallo and guacamole.
- Vegan Tacos (2 per order) … comes with corn tortillas, plant-based meat and pico de gallo.
Market 2 Go (Sections 105 & 111)
Power Bowl … comes with baby spinach, quinoa, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, cucumbers and vinaigrette.
Thank you Jamey with DallasVegan.com for letting us know AAC had updated their menu!
–> If you know of other options we do not have listed, please let us know so that we can share that info with the community here!
Can I Bring Food Into American Airlines Center?
Thinking about bringing your own food into the arena? Before you do, make sure you’re aware of the following policies from American Airlines Center. We pulled these directly from their Arena FAQ page on the date listed.
Bag Policy (as of 1/5/23)
Wristlet, clutch or wallet 4.5”x6.5” allowed at all entrances. Purses no larger than 14”x14”x6” will be allowed at designated X-ray entry points. No backpack or large totes allowed. Medical bags and parenting bags are also permitted. All permitted bags are subject to security inspection.
Food and Beverages (as of 1/5/23)
American Airlines Center offers a wide variety of food and beverages throughout the facility. Guests are not permitted to bring any food or beverages into the American Airlines Center. Containers such as bottles, cans, thermos bottles, or plastic coolers are not permitted for the safety and protection of our guests. Guests with specific/special dietary needs due to medical conditions or religious requirements should see our Concessions page for details, or contact Guest Services to discuss food options available.
Prohibited Items* (as of 1/5/23)
- Alcoholic beverages/illegal drugs
- Food and drinks
- Glass, plastic, metal containers and flasks
- Coolers (hard/soft side)
*This is not a complete list of all the prohibited items at American Airlines Center. We only picked out a few of the items we felt were relevant to bringing food and/or beverages into the arena.
The guest must throw the prohibited item in the trash or return the item to his/her vehicle. American Airlines Center reserves the right to confiscate any prohibited items and/or escort the guest from the building. Please note that this list is subject to change.
Vegan Options Near American Airlines Center
We did a little research looking in the area near the arena to find a few restaurants that would make good places to grab food either before or after the game. This is by no means all the options available, just a couple spots that stood out to us.
2101 Cedar Springs Rd, Dallas, TX 75201
A 4-minute drive from the center is a 100% vegan restaurant with light, healthy and according to the reviews delicious food in a beautiful location.
2301 N Akard St, Dallas, TX 75201
If you are looking for a restaurant that is vegan-friendly but also has omni food, ATIPICO is a 2 minute drive and has at least 1 vegan option on their menu. Currently, it is their Vegan Pesto Lasagna. There might be other options that they do not have specifically listed as well.
Chipotle Mexican Grill
2401 Victory Park Ln #140, Dallas, TX 75219
Yes, we’re aware that Chipotle is not at all a ‘local vegan restaurant’, but there are a couple of reasons we decided to include it here.
First, it’s Ryan’s favorite place to eat so we’re just going to go ahead and admit to some personal bias here. However, it’s also basically across the street from the arena which makes it crazy convenient to grab a bite to eat right before or after the event.
Finally, for better or worse, if you’re with non-vegan friends or family suggesting Chipotle is most often much easier to get everyone in the group on board with. So, there you go, Chipotle for the win!
(There is also a Freshii in this exact same area which is another great vegan-friendly chain.)
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports, sports venues and theme parks. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Links and Info
- If you need more info on the American Airlines Center, for everything from tickets to parking, make sure to go check out their Official Website.
- VeggL contains hundreds of vegan guides including other Dallas sports venues like AT&T Stadium (Dallas Cowboys) and Globe Life Field (Texas Rangers)
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!