The vegan options at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf include a huge range of beverages, some that can be ordered as-is right off the menu and even more that just need to be ordered with one of their dairy-free milks.
The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf made our job pretty easy by listing exactly which of their beverages are vegan-friendly right on their website! They also have a Banana Nut Loaf is you want to something to eat to go with your drink.
With 3 different non-dairy milk options (soy, coconut and almond) you have plenty of options to get your morning (or afternoon) caffeine kick!
The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Vegan Options
The following beverages are vegan-friendly ordered as-is straight off the menu.
- Hot coffee
- Iced coffee
- Red eye
- Iced Americano
- Espresso shot
- Hot Tea
- Iced Tea
- Sweet Tea
- Iced Tea Lemonade
- Bottle of Water
- Bottled Juice
Vegan-Friendly Beverages (w/ Mods)
When substituted with milk alternatives (Soy Milk, Coconut Milk, or Almond Milk), the following beverages can be considered vegan-friendly:
- Cappuccino (Hot / Iced)
- Latte (Hot / Iced)
- Café Au Lait
- Flat White
- Cold Brew Coffee (Regular / Nitro)
- Cold Brew Tea (Peach Jasmine / Raspberry / Mango / Black Cherry)
FYI (per Coffee Bean rep): The Peppermint Syrup and Pumpkin Syrup are vegan! If ordering a Latte make sure to order without the Vanilla Powder!
FYI 2 (per Coffee Bean website): Unfortunately, flavored beverages and Ice Blended beverages cannot be considered vegan-friendly even if the milk is substituted, because most of our powders & syrups contain milk ingredients (e.g. Caramel Syrup, Chocolate Syrup, Vanilla Powder, Chocolate Powder, Hazelnut Powder, Vanilla Bean Syrup)
- Banana Nut Loaf
The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Vegan FAQ
Is Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Pumpkin Spice Vegan?
According to a The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf rep, their Pumpkin Syrup is vegan. Just make sure to order your latte with no Vanilla Powder.
Does coffee bean have vegan pastries?
We’re not aware of any vegan pastries at The Coffee Bean. They do, however, have a Banana Nut Loaf. I don’t think I’d consider that a pastry, but it’s something.
Is coffee bean hazelnut powder vegan?
No, the hazelnut powder (along with most of the powders at The Coffee Bean) is not vegan.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports, sports venues and now theme parks. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Links and Info
- If you’d like to see The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf’s full menu, go check their Official Website
- Information for this guide was pulled directly from their FAQ guide regarding Vegan Drinks as well as feedback from a Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf rep.
- Don’t have a Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf near you? VeggL has hundreds of vegan guides, including other popular coffee chains like Starbucks and Dunkin’
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!