On a recent cross-country trip to the Grand Canyon, we came across Taco Buenos for the first time when going through Texas and Oklahoma. Turns out there are quite a few Taco Buenos in the that area of the country.
When we did our research on Taco Bueno we were pretty disappointed to see that not only do they not have any Impossible or Beyond on their menu, but their refried beans are seasoned with rendered bacon fat.
Obviously, this severely limits the vegan options at Taco Bueno. There are a few, but don’t expect a vegan friendly oasis in the middle of the Texas sun here.
Complete Taco Bueno Vegan Menu
2022 update: We have 2 Black Bean Platters listed but they are no longer listed on Taco Bueno’s website as a menu item. Check with your location for availability.
- Black Beans & Cilantro Lime Rice Platter. Order with NO sour cream.
- Black Beans & Mexi Rice. Order with NO sour cream.
Chips & Dips
- Chips & Guac
- Cinni Chips
Always keep in mind that Cross-Contamination is an issue at almost all fast food restaurants. Here is Taco Bueno’s official statement on the issue:
Like most restaurants, we prepare and serve products that may contain egg, milk, soy, wheat or other allergens. The Food Allergy & Sensitivity information displayed on this site is based on standard product formulations and is current as of last update.
While a particular ingredient may not contain one of these allergens, our products may be prepared on the same equipment and in the same kitchen area as those that do.
We cannot guarantee that cross contact with allergens will not occur and neither Taco Bueno our employees, nor our franchisees assume any responsibility for a person’s sensitivity or allergy to any food item provided in our restaurants.
Taco Bueno Vegan FAQ
Are the Taco Bueno Churros Vegan?
The Churros at Taco Beuno are made with egg whites, so no, they are not vegan. This information was obtained directly from their Allergen page.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: Once we found out that the refried beans contained bacon fat we decided to take a pass on trying out Taco Bueno. We almost drove through just to try out the Cinna Chips, but ended up just going elsewhere.
Jen’s Pick: N/A.
More Links and Info:
- Want to see Steak n Shake’s full menu? Head over to the Taco Bueno’s Full Menu Page
- Information pulled directly from Taco Bueno’s Nutrition, Allergen and Ingredient Information
- Not seeing exactly what you wanted? We also have vegan guides for Del Taco and Taco Bell as well as over 175 other popular chain restaurants on our Vegan Guides at Restaurants Main Page
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!