Sub Zero Ice Cream is a unique ice cream spot uses liquid nitrogen to freeze the ice cream right in front of you as you order. They have a vegan dairy free base that you can then add flavors and mix-ins at your desire. Sub Zero was founded in 2004 and now has over 50 franchises in the US and a couple international locations as well. They even appeared on Shark Tank in 2013. Here is the list of all the vegan options Sub Zero has to offer.
Vegan Options at Sub Zero
Create Your Own
Sub Zero does have pre-designed ‘templates’ so to speak that they call sensations. While you could probably order a few of those and just specify the vegan base, we highly suggest going with the Create Your Own so you can control exactly what ends up in your creation.
- Vegan – According to the Sub Zero website, the vegan base will vary by store. The base may end up being Coconut, Almond, Cashew or Oat Milk. We noticed that some stores actually have multiple vegan base options. Just ask the store what variety they offer.
You can choose up to 3 flavors. If you’re familiar with our cheat sheets you know that we normally give each item it’s own bullet point. However, Sub Zero has over 40 vegan flavors to choose from so we’re going to put them all together. In fact, all but 5 of the flavors offered by Sub Zero are vegan. (as of 4/15/20)
- Amaretto, Banana, Black Raspberry, Blackberry, Blueberry, Bubble Gum, Butter Pecan, Butterscotch, Cake Batter, Caramel, Chai, Cheesecake, Cherry, Chocolate, Chocolate (Dark), Cinnamon, Coconut, Coffee, Cotton Candy (Blue), Cotton Candy (Pink), Dr Pepper
, Huckleberry, Lemon, Lime, Mango, Maple, Marshmallow, Mint, Mocha, Peach, Peanut Butter, Peppermint, Pistachio, Pina Colada, Pumpkin Spice, Raspberry, Rootbeer, Salted Caramel, Strawberry, Tiger’s Blood, Vanilla
- Brownie Bites
- Graham Cracker Crumb
- Maraschino Cherries
- Mixed Berries
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Chocolate Syrup
Sub Zero Vegan FAQ
Does Sub Zero have dairy free?
Yes! Sub Zero has multiple dairy free bases (coconut, almond, cashew and oat). You can then ‘create your own’ dairy free ice cream by choosing from over 50 different flavors and mix-ins. You’re only limitation is your own imagination!
Ready to Order? Try one of VeggL’s exclusive offer codes!
Ryan’s Pick: We’ve not had the opportunity to experience Sub Zero Ice Cream… yet! Hopefully we’ll be able to fill out this section soon!
Jen’s Pick: Hopefully coming soon!
- If you’d like to check out Sub Zero’s full menu, head over to Sub Zero’s Official Menu page
- The Allergen Page on Sub Zero’s website marks which items are vegan.
- Not quite what you’re looking for? We have Vegan Cheat Sheets for over 60 popular chain restaurants.
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know