Not many vegan options to choose from at Shake Shack. In November of 2020, Shake Shack unveiled a Veggie Shack for a limited time at select California, New York, Texas, New Jersey, Kentucky, and Ohio Shacks but it doesn’t appear to have made the menu permanently.
Shake Shack has toyed with adding a vegan-friendly burger option to their menu for years now. Let’s hope they will eventually add one!
Vegan Options at Shake Shack
It’s a Sad List…
- Gluten Free Bun
Vegan Concrete Mix-Ins
You could get creative and order a few mix-ins…not sure what they’re going to go on though or even how pricing would work.
- Amarena Cherries
- Cacao Nibs
- Chocolate Sprinkles
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Citrus Marinated Fresh Raspberries
- Coffee Beans
- Graham Crackers
- Matcha Green Tea Powder
- Potato Chips (Route 11)
- Strawberry Jam
- Strawberry Puree
- White Peach Puree
* As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
Shake Shack FAQ
Is the ‘Shroom Burger at Shake Shack Vegan?
No. The ‘Shroom Burger at Shake Shack is filled with Muenster and Cheddar Cheeses and therefore is not vegan.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Jen & Ryan’s Pick: We’ve never been to a Shack Shack… would have loved to try a Veggie Shake. Maybe they’ll bring it back and we’ll get a change to someday.
More Links and Info:
- Want to see Shake Shack’s full menu? Head over to the Shake Shack Official Printable Menu.
- Information pulled directly from Shake Shack’s Allergen Info
- Not seeing exactly what you wanted? We also have vegan guides for Denny’s and Taco Bell as well as 175 other popular chain restaurants on our Vegan Guides at Restaurants Main Page
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!