The vegan options at Popeyes are not anything to get too excited about. If you do find yourself at a Popeyes, because you’re out with family and friends, there are a few options that can get you by. If you don’t mind doing a little explaining, you can make your own vegan po’boy.
If not, your best bet is to go for some Corn on the Cob (as long as they don’t make it with butter. Make sure to ask) with a Baguette. As is the case with many fast food places, be aware of items that may share a fryer with meat.
Vegan Options at Popeyes
- Po’Boy. Advise NO chicken or seafood and NO sauce. Ask them to load it up with the veggies and add a Vegan Sauce from below on the side.
- Corn on the Cob but FIRST ask if they can make it without butter. Some locations do & some do not.
- Cajun Fries (MSG)^
- Grits (Breakfast)
- Hashbrown (Breakfast)^
- Sweet Heat
*The Red Beans & Rice and Cajun Rice have meat in them.
^May share fryer with meat. Check with your location.
Popeye’s Vegan FAQ
Are Popeye’s fries vegan?
The fries themselves at Popeye’s are vegan. Like most fast food places, the fries may share a fryer with non-vegan food. So it really just depends on how you feel about cross-contamination. Personally, I (Ryan) am ok with some potential cross-contamination. I kind of know that’s what I’m signing up for when I grab fast food, but we want you to be aware of it in case that is a deal-breaker for you.
Are Popeye’s biscuits vegan?
The Biscuits at Popeye’s contain milk, so unfortunately no, they are not vegan. If you’re looking for a bread option, try the baguette – they are vegan.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 140 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: I’ve only been to Popeyes once since going vegan and it was for the exact situation as described above. Ended up at a Popeyes with some co-workers. I had two pieces of corn on the cob and a baguette. Corn was okay and the baguette was pretty good. Honestly would never go back to a Popeye’s by choice.
Jen’s Pick: I’ve honestly never eaten at a Popeyes.
- Want to see Popeyes full menu? Head over to the Popeyes Official Menu page.
- Info for this cheat sheet was pulled directly from Popeye’s Nutritional Info Page
- Not seeing exactly what you wanted? We also have Cheat Sheets for over 125 different popular restaurant chains
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know