The vegan options at Pollo Tropical are outstanding. In January of 2020, Pollo Tropical had added a Picadillo using Beyond Beef to their menu but as of early 2022, the Picadillo has been removed and a Vegan Chimichurri Chicken has been added.
You also have plenty of options to choose from to customize your bowl to your liking. Both brown rice and white rice along with black beans and a host of salsas and sauces are all available to you as a vegan.
Finally, have we mentioned yet that Pollo’s famous Sweet Plantains are vegan? No? Well, they are!
Pollo Tropical Vegan Options
Vegan Chimichurri Chicken with…
- Rice and Beans. Choose black beans and sauce/toppings.
- Rice and Beans plus 1 additional Side. Choose black beans, a side, and sauce/toppings.
- 1 Side. Choose your side and a sauce/toppings.
- 2 sides. Choose your sides and a sauce/toppings.
The Vegan Chimichurri is available for a limited time. The red beans are NOT vegan. All sides are listed below.
Build Your Tropichop Bowl
Pick Your Base
- White Rice
- Brown Rice
- Romaine Lettuce
- 1/2 Romaine Lettuce & 1/2 White Rice
- 1/2 Romaine Lettuce & 1/2 Brown Rice
Add Your Protein (optional)
- Vegan Chimichurri Chicken (for a limited time)
A VeggL user reached out and let us know this can take 20+ minutes to cook. Check with your location if this is an issue for you to confirm.
Top It (as many as you like)
- Black Beans
- Diced Tomatoes
- Sauteed Peppers
- Sautéed Onions
Add a Sauce
- Fresh Salsa
- Garlic Sauce (Mojo)
- BBQ Sauce
- Gauva BBQ Sauce
- Spicy Poyo-Poyo
- Pineapple Rum Sauce
Info on their cilantro garlic sauce is in the FAQ below.
- White Rice
- Brown Rice
- Black Beans
- White Rice and Black Beans
- Brown Rice and Black Beans
- Balsamic Tomatoes
- Boiled Yuca with Garlic Sauce
- French Fries
- Plantain Chips
- Dinner Roll
- Flour Tortilla
- Sweet Plantains
- Fried Yuca
* As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross-contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
Pollo Tropical Vegan FAQ
Is Pollo Tropical’s Cilantro Garlic Sauce Vegan?
No! The Cilantro Garlic Sauce contains egg.
Do not get this confused with the Garlic Sauce though. Pollo Tropical’s Garlic Sauce is vegan per their allergen list.
Does Pollo Tropical Offer a Beyond Meat Picadillo?
No. Pollo Tropical had added a Beyond Meat Picadillo in January 2020, but as of April 2022, it is no longer on the menu. At least, this is when we figure since we cannot find where they did an announcement of their new vegan item.
Pollo Tropical has replaced it with a Vegan Chimichurri Chicken, which is available for a limited time.
The Picadillo was a spicy Latin-American stew of meat and veggies (many times it will include raisins and olives) that is served with rice and beans. Pollo Tropical has used Beyond Beef to create a Vegan Picadillo version of the classic recipe.
What is in the Vegan Tropichop at Pollo Tropical?
There is no ‘official’ Vegan Tropichop Bowl from what we can find, but you can create your own using Pollo Tropical’s Vegan Chicken. Pair the Vegan Chicken up with either brown or white rice, black beans, and your choice of veggie toppings and salsas.
Are Pollo Tropical’s Red Beans Vegan?
No, the Red Beans contain meat and dairy.
Are Pollo Tropical Fries Vegan?
Yes. According to Pollo Tropical’s Nutritional Information Page, the fries are vegan.
Is The Corn Vegan at Pollo Tropical?
No. Their corn contains dairy.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports, sports venues and theme parks. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Links and Info
- Want to see Pollo Tropical’s entire menu? Go check out their official website.
- Information for this guide pulled directly from their Nutritional Information Page.
- Not exactly what you were looking for? VeggL has hundreds of vegan guides, including other popular chain restaurants like Moe’s and Taco Cabana.
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!