The vegan options at O’Charley’s are a bit perplexing. While many casual sit down chains at least offer a few vegan-friendly sides (if not a Beyond or Impossible Burger), O’Charley’s only shows a Baked Potato as vegan. (not including toast)
Many other items seem like they could potentially be vegan, but we’ve not been able to confirm (more on that below).
O’Charley’s Vegan Options
-> We have tried reaching out to O’Charley’s multiple times, but have yet to receive a response regarding the following menu items. Per their allergens guide, these should be ok but we suggest checking with your server before ordering.
- Chips* & Salsa … not on the menu for whatever reason but both items are available. Ask if this could be an option to order.
- Baked Potato … the allergen guide states that soybean oil is used but no dairy.
- Wheat Toast (Brunch Item)
- White Toast (Brunch Item)
- California Chicken Salad. Order with NO chicken or blue cheese crumbles. Ask your server what the candied pecans are coated with before choosing to keep those … comes with strawberries, mandarin oranges, and dried cranberries with balsamic vinaigrette.
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
-> A few items that seem like they would be vegan-friendly are listed as having either eggs, milk or fish allergens (or some combination of the three). These include Broccoli, Asparagus, Rice Pilaf, French Fries and Sweet Potato Fries. Yes… the French Fries and Sweet Potato Fries even say dairy, fish and egg listed on the allergens guide.
*As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross-contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
O’Charley’s Vegan FAQ
Are the French Fries at O’Charley’s Vegan?
Not according to their Allergen Guide. On O’Charley’s Allergen Guide the French Fries are listed as having Eggs, Fish and Milk allergens.
On one hand, we are assuming that at least some of these allergens are due to cross-contamination, but we have both called and emailed O’Charley’s corporate offices and can’t get a response. We suggest checking with your location.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports, sports venues and theme parks. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Links and Info
- If you’d like to see O’Charley’s complete menu, head over to their Official Website
- Information for this guide pulled from O’Charley’s Allergen Guide
- Not quite what you were looking for? VeggL has hundreds of vegan guides, including other popular chain restaurants like Olive Garden and Applebee’s
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!