The vegan options at Just Salad, as more than you might expect from a create-your-own salad chain… they are excellent. In fact, we are putting out into the universe that more locations begin appearing across the United States.
You can create your own salad, bowl or wrap from an exhaustive list of veggies, Beyond chicken, tofu, vegan feta cheese and dressings, but Just Salad also does a great job at creating ‘Signature Salads & Bowls’.
They have even updated their menu for 2023 by introducing a vegan-friendly wrap!
Having a signature wrap, salads and bowls makes ordering much easier by cutting through the overwhelming amount of options. In addition to the salads and bowls, don’t forget about their Plant-Based Smoothies as well!
Just Salad Vegan Options
Click here for Just Salad’s 2023 spring menu info. We kept it separate since this guide is already filled with so many vegan goodies.
Vegan Signature Salads & Bowls
- Tokyo Supergreens, Tofu … comes with supergreens blend, organic sesame tofu, carrot, edamame, avocado, shaved broccoli, chopped almonds, furikake shake with miso ginger vinaigrette.
- Chipotle Cowboy w/ Beyond Chicken … comes with romaine, Beyond chicken, pico de gallo, avocado, and tortilla chips with chipotle vinaigrette dressing.
- Spicy Tofu Crunch … comes with organic sesame tofu, warm brown rice, arugula + shredded cabbage, roasted balsamic mushrooms, roasted cauliflower, edamame, chopped almonds, and crispy onions with Thai peanut dressing.
- Earth Bowl … comes with arugula + kale, organic quinoa, creamy vegan feta, beets, roasted sweet potatoes, sliced apples, and chopped almonds with balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
- Feisty Fiesta Bowl … comes with homemade cauliflower broccoli rice, shredded cabbage, roasted corn, sliced grape tomatoes, overnight pickled onion, crunchy tortilla, and fresh cilantro with spicy avocado dressing.
- Vegan Chipotle Wrap … comes with brown rice, shredded kale, Beyond chicken, hass avocado, crispy onion, and sliced carrots with chipotle vinaigrette.
- Organic Kale and Sweet Potato Soup (seasonal)
- Crunchy Avo Toast … comes with avocado mash, vegan feta, crispy onions and spiced pumpkin seeds.
- Avo Blast Toast. Order with NO smoky poblano ranch dressing or choose a vegan dressing (listed below) to sub it with … comes with avocado mash, roasted corn, pickled onion and fresh cilantro.
Plant Based Smoothies
- Strawberry Banana … comes with oat milk, strawberries, flax Seeds, agave
- Detox Cleanse … comes with baby spinach, lemon, apple, pineapple, fresh ginger
- Almond Berry Blast … comes with oat milk, banana, almond butter, blueberries, strawberries, flax seeds, agave
- PB Protein … comes with oat milk, baby spinach, banana, hemp seeds, peanut butter, roasted pumpkin seeds, agave
- Miss Vickie’s Sea Salt Chips
- Batard Bread. Ask your location if it is vegan prior to ordering. We explain why in the FAQ below.
Build Your Own
If none of the signature salads, bowls or wraps entice you, build your own!
- Baby Spinach
- Extra Crisp Romaine
- Supergreens Blend
- Shredded Kale
- Shredded Cabbage
- Shaved Broccoli
- Warm Brown Rice
- Roasted Corn
- Dried Cranberries
- Grape Tomatoes
- Roasted Green Beans (seasonal)
- Pickled Onion
- Pita Chips
- Spiced Pumpkin Seeds
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Organic Quinoa
- Crunchy Tortilla
- Crunchy Wonton Strips
- Japanese Furikake Shake
- Hass Avocado
- Avocado Mash
- Cauliflower Broccoli Rice
- Hemp Hearts
- Chopped Almonds
- Roasted Balsamic Mushrooms
- Pico de Gallo
- Roasted Peppers + Onions
- Roasted Cauliflower
- Violife Vegan Feta
- Beyond Chicken
- Organic Sesame Tofu
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Balsamic Vinaigrette (homemade)
- Balsamic Vinegar + Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Chipotle Vinaigrette (homemade)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil + Lemon Juice
- Fresh Lemon
- Fresh Lime
- Half Lemon + Balsamic Drizzle
- Lemon Basil Vinaigrette (homemade)
- Miso Ginger Vinaigrette (homemade)
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Red Wine Vinegar + Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sesame Ginger (seasonal)
- Spicy Avocado (homemade)
- Thai Peanut
* As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross-contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
Just Salad Vegan FAQ
Are the Croutons at Just Salad Vegan?
No, the croutons at Just Salad contain dairy and are not vegan.
Is Just Salad’s Batard Bread Vegan?
This depends on what location you visit. On Just Salad’s allergen menu (last updated January 2023), they list 3 different states with varying notations on if it is vegan. NYC and Florida state it is vegan while in Chicago the vegan box is not checked.
We also know that their bread is offered at their other locations in other states but those are not mentioned. This is why we suggest asking the location you are visiting if it is vegan prior to ordering.
Maybe this is a mistake on their end but better be safe than sorry.
Are Miss Vickie’s Chips Vegan
Not all of them. Miss Vickie’s Sea Salt Chips are the ONLY vegan chips. The salt & vinegar, bbq and jalapeno chips all contain dairy.
Are Skinny Dipped Dark Chocolate Cocoa Almonds Vegan?
No. Skinny Dipped Dark Chocolate Cocoa Almonds contain dairy. We have this question answered on Just Salad’s guide because they offer these as snacks.
Are Skinny Dipped Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Almonds Vegan?
No. Skinny Dipped Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Almonds contain dairy. We have this question answered on Just Salad’s guide because they offer these as snacks.
What dressings are vegan at Just Salad?
As of March 2023, the following dressings are vegan at Just Salad:
Balsamic Vinegar, Balsamic Vinaigrette, Balsamic Vinegar + Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Chipotle Vinaigrette, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil + Lemon Juice, Fresh Lemon, Fresh Lime, Half Lemon + Balsamic Drizzle, Lemon Basil Vinaigrette, Miso Ginger Vinaigrette, Red Wine Vinegar, Red Wine Vinegar + Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Sesame Ginger (seasonal), Spicy Avocado and Thai Peanut
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports, sports venues and theme parks. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Links and Info
- If you’d like to see the complete menu at Just Salad, we recommend heading over to their Menu Page
- Information for this guide was pulled from Just Salad’s Menu Page and their Allergen Guide – both of which clearly label what items on their menu are vegan.
- Don’t have a Just Salad near you? Don’t worry. VeggL has hundreds of Vegan Guides, including other popular salad chains like Sweetgreen and Salata
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!