The vegan options at Bonefish Grill are limited to basically the house salad and some sides. Honestly, nothing to get overly excited about, but if you’re at Bonefish Grill with friends or family there are a few options you could make a meal out of.
Let’s see what those vegan options are…
Bonefish Grill Vegan Options
- Bonefish House Salad – comes with romaine and mixed greens with hearts of palm, kalamata olives, tomatoes, pepitas and citrus herb vinaigrette.
- Citrus Herb Vinaigrette
- Jasmine Rice
- Seasonal Vegetables – Order with NO butter
- Steamed Asparagus
- French Fries*
*Shares fryer oil with fried fish, fried shrimp, fried calamari and fried tortilla strips. You choose your level of comfort.
- Seasonal Avocado Toast. Order with NO cheese
- Chimichurri Sauce
- Mango Salsa
FYI: On Bonefish Grill’s website, they list the vegan, vegetarian and veg-centric menu items. That’s where we pulled the information listed above.
They note that –
Approved vegan menu items do not allow eggs, dairy, fish, shellfish, mollusks, or animal by-products such as, honey and gelatin. Fried foods are excluded due to cross-contact.
We looked through their menu and the only item we noticed that could fall into the ‘fried foods excluded due to cross-contact’ are the fries.
We’re following up with Bonefish to see if this is the case and we’ll update once we find out in case you’re okay with potential shared fryers.
Bonefish Grill’s Statement on Vegan Menu Items
Speaking of cross-contamination, we thought we’d include Bonefish’s statement on their website regarding the preparation of vegan menu items. Really pretty standard stuff of any non 100% vegan restaurant.
All vegan/vegetarian menu items are prepared in the same kitchen area where non-vegan/vegetarian items are prepared. Our dietitians have reviewed and approved the following menu items and modifications for vegan/vegetarian selections based on the most current recipes and ingredient information from our food suppliers.
Additionally, our culinary team will strive to accommodate your special dietary needs to these currently offered meals. Please be aware none of our food items are certified vegan/vegetarian.
Normal kitchen operations involve cross-contact with other foods and, therefore, we are unable to guarantee that any menu item is completely free of animal product and assume no responsibility for guests with dietary restrictions.
Bonefish Grill Vegan FAQ
Are Bonefish Fries Vegan?
This is a great question. Bonefish does not list them as a vegan item on their website, but states ‘fried foods are excluded due to cross-contact’.
Per an email we received from Bonefish, “Fried fish, fried shrimp, fried calamari and fried tortilla strips for the Imperial Dip are fried in the same fryer as the fries.”
Is Bonefish Pesto Vegan?
Bonefish Grill specifically lists all of their vegan and vegetarian items on their menu on a special page dedicated to vegan and vegetarian diets.
There is no mention of the pesto anywhere on that page and for that reason, we’re going to say no, the pesto at Bonefish Grill is not vegan.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports, sports venues and theme parks. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Links and Info
- Want to see Bonefish Grill’s complete menu? Head over to their Official Website.
- Information for this guide was pulled directly from Bonefish’s page featuring their Vegetarian and Vegan Options.
- Not quite what you were looking for? VeggL has hundreds of vegan guides, including guides for other chain restaurants like Olive Garden and The Cheesecake Factory.
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!